cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

NPrinting error not very clear

The Errors shared by NPrinting are very vague and not helpful. 

I am currently on NPrinting Feb 2019.

Is upgrading to a newer version going to provide detailed explanation of what is causing the error ?

boopeshj_1-1600430335196.png

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First of all I would  also look whats in engine log, enable debug mode if there is still not enough info and try again to see whats in them. 

that aside i agree that message you see is vague....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

By the way. We dont know what is the error-so i dont know if upgrading to newer version will provide more info. 
on the other hand upgrading may fix bugs from older versions and maybe this problem will go away?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
boopeshj
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @Lech_Miszkiewicz Would it be okay to have the debug mode always on for all reports and tasks ? 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz , start by upgrading that February 2019 is an old version. Check that you can regenerate the connection cache and the Qlik NPrinting logs https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Loggi.... If the errors there are not clear, enable the debug mode.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.