Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimi
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting exl file to Sharepoint

Hello,

I am trying to share a report from NPrinting to SharePoint or to another server folder.

I get error:

Error trying to save report in folder '\\servername\C:\Users\jimi\Desktop'. ERROR: The given path's format is not supported.

The user has access to the folder!

I have tried different ways but no luck, I am using NPrinting 2022

Thanks 🙂

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,
Please review the below link regarding Nprinting distribution to folder. UNC paths are required. 

1. Distributing reports to folders

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-dest...

Note the following : Mapped network drives, like Z:\NPrintingServer\QlikViewDocuments, are not supported by Qlik NPrinting. You must use Universal Naming Convention (UNC) paths, such as \\ServerName\NPrintingServer\QlikViewDocuments.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

Also @Jimi 

In addition to Ray's points, please note that the NP service account won't have access to files on your desktop.

It is necessary to ensure that:
--files are kept in a centralized location

--the NP service account "scheduler server" need full file and folder access to network or local folders.

Kind regards,

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,
Please review the below link regarding Nprinting distribution to folder. UNC paths are required. 

1. Distributing reports to folders

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-dest...

Note the following : Mapped network drives, like Z:\NPrintingServer\QlikViewDocuments, are not supported by Qlik NPrinting. You must use Universal Naming Convention (UNC) paths, such as \\ServerName\NPrintingServer\QlikViewDocuments.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Also @Jimi 

In addition to Ray's points, please note that the NP service account won't have access to files on your desktop.

It is necessary to ensure that:
--files are kept in a centralized location

--the NP service account "scheduler server" need full file and folder access to network or local folders.

Kind regards,

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!