cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabriel-Albuquerque
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting is not fetching all fields from a Qlik Sense table

I am creating a report in NPrinting, but I am not able to bring the data of some specific fields, they are in date and percentage format, NPrinting can bring the formatting, but it is not bringing the values, can anyone imagine the reason?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@David_Friend - please, lets keep this topic focused on the problem. In here we dont have problem with creating excel pivot table - we want to know why data from Pivot Table does not come through.

@Frank_S  - You are right that "Conditionals are not supported" but it is in regards to conditional chart calculation (not expression). Therefore I strongly disagree and say that conditional expressions are fully supported. They always were and and are and lets not confuse anyone. You can 100% can have IF() statement in your measure expression in NPrinting. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1679523254412.png

Now the only thing which comes to my mind is use of [Master Measures] refrences in those expressions -see this topic: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Gauge-from-Qlik-sense-into-Nprinting/m-p/1861566 . @Gabriel-Albuquerque  Can you check if using regular expressions instead of master measures will work? If it does - please read that link I have provided you with and see for workarounds available there. 

This was issue in the past and was later resolved so upgrade of NPrinting and Qlik Sense will also fix it.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI, 

I never heard of such behaviour.

You may need to spend a lot more time describing and providing us with all the details we need to replicate your issue.Imagine you know nothing and need to reproduce what you have: provide us with the steps and screenshots.

There can be many factors for such thing and I assume it has something to do with the way you built your qlik sense app or how you fetch your data?

• Is data coming from straight table
    • Is it coming from native Qlik Sense table or extension (for example Vizlib object)
  • What are those measures
    • expressions
    • how they are formatted in Qlik Sense
  • What are dimensions
  • Is your t
  • Is your Qlik app supported
  • Is Qlik Sense version supported with your NPrinting version?
  • What template (NPrinting template) we are talking about? (Excel, Pixel perfect... other?)
  • How did you build your template
    • that is where usually people make mistake - they change something and forget re-generate metadata and update object in template causing similar behaviour
  • Are there any selections required for this view to work in Qlik Sense (buttons pressed or actions or variables changed) - are those behaviours  

I am struggling to find any obvious cause of error other than simply wrong use of NPrinting in this so it is hard to guess...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Gabriel-Albuquerque
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, i also never have seen this before, i'm going to detail.

• the data comes from a pivot table.
  • the expressions are in the screenshots.
  • Qlik app is compatible.
  • Yes, the versions are compatible.
  • The NPrinting model is Excel.
  • I pulled the entire pivot table object, all the data came except those that I quoted and that are in the screenshots.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Gabriel-Albuquerque 

Please see the limitations here:

Conditionals are not supported. Please move those to the load script. 

Working with Qlik objects | Qlik NPrinting Help

Qlik objects that are not supported

Some objects are not supported in Qlik NPrinting. These are:

• Uncertified Qlik Sense extensions
  • Always one selected value for fields

Calculated conditions

Calculated dimensions

Drill-down dimensions

Alternate states

Sheet triggers

If you need the QVF for your end business users, make a copy of the QVF, move the conditionals in the copy to the load script. Use the copy QVF for NP reporting purposes only leaving the original QVF in tact.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@David_Friend - please, lets keep this topic focused on the problem. In here we dont have problem with creating excel pivot table - we want to know why data from Pivot Table does not come through.

@Frank_S  - You are right that "Conditionals are not supported" but it is in regards to conditional chart calculation (not expression). Therefore I strongly disagree and say that conditional expressions are fully supported. They always were and and are and lets not confuse anyone. You can 100% can have IF() statement in your measure expression in NPrinting. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1679523254412.png

Now the only thing which comes to my mind is use of [Master Measures] refrences in those expressions -see this topic: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/Gauge-from-Qlik-sense-into-Nprinting/m-p/1861566 . @Gabriel-Albuquerque  Can you check if using regular expressions instead of master measures will work? If it does - please read that link I have provided you with and see for workarounds available there. 

This was issue in the past and was later resolved so upgrade of NPrinting and Qlik Sense will also fix it.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Sure @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Let's get some clarification from @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Ruggero, can you weigh in here as Lech makes some good points.

Thanks!

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you sure that in Qlik NPrinting there are the same filters as in Qlik Sense? I mean if you apply the same filters in both cases you must see the same data. To check this I suggest to add a =getcurrentselections() formula in the Qlik NPrinting template and run a preview. In the generated file check that the listed filters are the same as in Qlik Sense or apply the same filters in Qlik Sense and compare the data. 

You can also tray to add the same pivot as image and as table tag and check that the results in the generated report are the same.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Can you comment on what we discussed with @Frank_S above? My feeling is that it is a problem with Master Measures used in expressions in this particular case. I know that we already forgot that it was an issue in the past but this one seems to be perfect example.

Can you also clarify what is the interpretation of "calculated conditions"?

thanks!

T0mm450-3rc0l3
Employee
Employee

Hi, when you say "the data comes from a pivot table" and "I pulled the entire pivot table object" I suppose that in the designer you are seeing just the table tag and no column tag and that you drag that table tag into Excel and let NPrinting expand it to a pivot table.

Right?