Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephaneP
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting problem with Excel Macro digital signed

Hi,

I have some Excel reports with macro. My macro collapses the table pivots when the workbook is opened,...

Everything worked fine and we could open the report directly in Outlook. By default Outlook asked us to activate the changes for the macro to run.

Now some of us have received some Windows/Office updates (middle of september 2022)  and the macros are blocked. 
To execute the macro, I must copy the report on local drive, right-cliked and unblocked the file. 
I can also add a trusted folder and copy the file into.

The only solution to open directly in Outlook it's to sign the VBA code. I have generated a certficate for sign code with the Office tools and sign the VBA with it. I have added this certificate on my user into "trusted publisher". 
It works  but after I signed the nPrinting model, when I open the Excel in Outlook or on local computer I have a VBA error.
If I remove the VBA sign on the generated report , the error disappears . If i add it again, i have no error.

Some ideas to solve that to open directly nPrinting Excel with macro in Outlook ?

Best regards,

Stephane

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think the signature with the certificate is not supported. I can suggest sending us a support ticket with all the details to investigate but I think supporting the macro's certificate is more a new feature request than an issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

So how did you sign your NPrinting project? Did you sign empty excel file then use that file and import it when creating NPrinting excel template?

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1664424949667.png

2. is the certificate tied somehow to a user who saves a document? When creating report nprinting service account is used hence I am thinking it may also be related to that. 

hope other can add more as I am not familiar with VB project certs

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
StephaneP
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

No the template is a Custom template with a xlsm file. I sign the macro into nPrinting designer.

Regards,

Stephane

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I think the signature with the certificate is not supported. I can suggest sending us a support ticket with all the details to investigate but I think supporting the macro's certificate is more a new feature request than an issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.