Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NPrinting separate PDFs for each Excel sheet

Is there a way to create a separate PDF for each Excel sheet in a report? I've used Pages to create multiple Excel sheets, but when I run the report, I'd like to create a different PDF document for each sheet. I'm using NPrinting 17.2.1 linked to Qlik Sense.

14 Replies
mkelemen
Creator III
Creator III

If you are sending those pdfs out then this is the best scenario - you can send emails instead of saving to disk. If you are just saving to a directory then cycling will save you the trouble with maintaining recipients.

I guess those who know about the features are under NDA.

vbeachii
Contributor II
Contributor II

Any updates to being able to create a PDF for each tab in an excel file? The last post here was from 2016.

Frank_S
Support
Support

1. Within your NPrinting report, decide which dimension value you wish to use for each tab, right click on 'page' and select the dimension that you wish to use

2. You will notice that the dimension tag now appears in your excel sheet

3. Preview your report.

The output may generate several pages of PDF output based on your data

NP Page with PDF output format.png

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Btw,

if you want a separate PDF per dimension value, use the 'cycle' feature. 

In this case I also cycled for 'Year and got 3 PDFs. One for each year.

cycle field year.PNG

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
vbeachii
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks, I need to cycle and create a PDF for each Provider ~1,300 for each specialty. Or at least I was going to try. I have now decided to go a different route, but thanks for helping to update this question. Much appreciated!