Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brendacyoung174
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

NPrinting w/ Qlik Sense Receiving an error message Parameter Name Value Value cannot be Null

Using  Qlik NPrinting April 2019 Version: 19.9.5.0 and have an NPrinting Excel Report connected to a Qlik Sense App (version April 2020 Patch 3).   I'm receiving Parameter Name Value Value cannot be Null error.  I've checked all of my data and do not see any nulls for any of the Cycle or Filter elements I'm using.....  I also found a post on a Server fix   (support.qlik.com/articles/000058253) and that didn't work either.   Does anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Start from the very obvious and basic information - your installation is NOT SUPPORTED as your qlik sense version is newer than nprinting!

First thing to do is to have supported configuration then you can start troubleshoot issues. 

everything is documented in official documentation: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-re...

Qlik Sense compatibility with Qlik NPrinting
The following Qlik Sense versions are supported when connecting to Qlik NPrinting. Note that your Qlik NPrinting version must be equal to or higher than your Qlik Sense version:

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

... couple extra thoughts:

Once you are on supported configuration, make sure you regenerate metadata and test report again. If at that stage you still get issues then we will need detailed information on what template you are using and how you built your report. The message you have seen may not be related to the the actual "Null" values in your data model

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.