Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VinupriyaVWR
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not able to view “Import NP 16 Report” tab in NPrinting April 2019 version even with Admin user

Not able to view “Import NP 16 Report” tab in NPrinting April 2019 version even with Admin user. Under the Admin Option the tab is missing to import the older version NSQ Projects and I am not able to export the projects through Import Report Tab.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The Migration Tool, the feature that lets you to import whole QlikView NPrinting 16 projects, is available starting from November 2019. So if you mean that feature you must upgrade to November 2019 or newer (November 2019 at the moment is last available GA version). About the Migration Tool refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm.

Instead, if you want to import a single QlikView NPrinting 16 template the feature is available inside the Qlik NPrinting Designer.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @VinupriyaVWR 

Can you please provide more information about your requirement?

• steps to reproduce
  • expected results
  • actual results
  • share snapshots of any errors you are encountering.

What you have shared here is insufficient to answer your question or to even attempt to provide guidance.

For your information, you can only import reports with the version of NPrinting you are running.

Here is an article which mentions how to migrate from NP 16 to 17 + platform which will hopefully help you.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000029513

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The Migration Tool, the feature that lets you to import whole QlikView NPrinting 16 projects, is available starting from November 2019. So if you mean that feature you must upgrade to November 2019 or newer (November 2019 at the moment is last available GA version). About the Migration Tool refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm.

Instead, if you want to import a single QlikView NPrinting 16 template the feature is available inside the Qlik NPrinting Designer.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
VinupriyaVWR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply! The issue is with the version and when we upgraded to November 2019 version, I could see the NP 16 Import Project Button to import the previous reports.

VinupriyaVWR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the answer! Yes, after upgrading to November 2019 version, I am able to see the button now.

Also one more query, when I try to import NP 16 Project (the entire zip file with all reports, filters, etc) I am not able to click on preview tab.

Preview tab worked fine when the reports which are imported individually and the same is not working when we imported the entire zip file through “Import NP 16 Report” tab . do you have any idea?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please read carefully the help site page I linked. The Migration Tool imports whole QlikView NPrinting 16 projects (with some limitations listed in the help site page) into Qlik NPrinting November 2019 or newer. After the migration you can open each single report template as you normally do with the ones you created manually and run Previews if there are no errors.

If there are migration errors they are explained in the help but also in the user interface. You need to resolve them one-by-one and the solution depends on the type of error.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
VinupriyaVWR
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for your valuable reply! I will check on the same.

Many Thanks,

Vinupriya