cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

Nprint Pivot table formatting issue

I have created a pivot table in QVW and then using Nprint to export the table (by keeping source format). but the format is not the same as shown in qvw. the main issue is that in the qvw i have made the grid line disappeared but in the export file, the grid line is shown.

16 Replies
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ronald,

I have tested it.

Looks like this is QlikView 12.XX issue. I actually think it is a bug which if you like you might want to raise with Qlik.

I tested it with QlikView 11.2 SR 15 and I managed to hid horizotal boundries for expression cells as well: like this:

sorry i could not help more

cheers

Lech

QV 11 results:

11.png

QV 12 results:

12.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Lech, that is good enough.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Ronald

are you still interested in this topic? I might have discovered something quite interesting. It will require more testing that's why i am asking if you still need to get rid of grid lines.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for keeping this in mind,  I have managed to used straight table to get rid of the grid lines. but would be interested to see your idea on how to get rid of grid lines and I can do the testing for you. but maybe in another week's time as I am not in office for this week. thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yep  - i found a solution!!!

It must be something more than what we can access via "Custom format cell". So what i noticed is that if you go to your Pivot Table--> Properties --> Styles and change your style to "Clean" and after that alter your Pivot table headers with "custom format cell" your output will have no gridlines at all.

interesting - but it works!

If it works for you than if possible please change CORRECT answer to this one.

1.png

cheers

Lech

below results

2.png

ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks for your effort and it works, amazing!