Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rqat
Partner - Contributor III

Nprinting 17 - Multiple filters on user level for different reports

Hi all!

I'm having some issues understanding how to overcome a "problem" in Nprinting 17. Example:

If I have a user that's going to receive say 3 different reports from the same template and containing the same object but with different publish tasks from the same application that holds Sales, Invoice and Purchase and I want Nprinting to apply different filters to this user depending on what kind of report it is.

I'll add filters on user level for Todays Sales, Yesterdays invoice and this months purchase from the same date-table, so this user now have a total of 3 filters. Is there any way possible now to instruct Nprinting what filters should be applied to what publish task? If there's only one user I can just apply the filters on the task level but if I have several users that use different filters this is not possible.

So the issue is when I want one user to receive different reports from the same application while applying different filters on user level so I don't disturb any other user reports.

I have a work around that's quite complex with 3 different import tasks that updates the users filters in between the publish tasks so that the filters on user level only contain 1 value and then updates after every import. Does anyone know some easier solution to this? I've tried using "override values" but then only the last filter in the hierarchy is applied since Np17 don't know on what task the filters should be applied to.

Kind regards,

R

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to create 3 separate connections to the same Qlik document and when importing filters link them using those 3 connections so they will not interfere with each other and esentialy they will work as an independent filters.

Build each report on separate connections.

that is the most common and recommended solution.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to create 3 separate connections to the same Qlik document and when importing filters link them using those 3 connections so they will not interfere with each other and esentialy they will work as an independent filters.

Build each report on separate connections.

that is the most common and recommended solution.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Rqat
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for the quick response!

So given that I have the setup above, what happens if I want to filter different values from the same field on a user level? It feels like I'm stuck with the same issue again. Maybe my explanation was quite bad but the issue is that I want a users filter to be applied to different reports connected to the same application. And from there I want the correct filter to apply to the correct report, not applying all filters or use override and only apply the last one.

Or does your solution work on a user level as well? I might need to rename the filters to the maybe Month_Sales, Month_Invoice, Month_Purchase - is that what you mean?

What I'm looking for blunt is to kind of to be able to connect a users filter to a report, and not have it to apply to all reports that's sent out to the user.

Kind regards,

Robert

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My solution is:

• User A gets 3 reports with user dependant filters
    • Connection A drives Report 1 with Filters based on Connection A
    • Connection B drives Report 2 with Filters based on Connection B
    • Connection C drives Report 3 with Filters based on Connection C

Connections A,B,C are connecting to single QlikVIew or Qlik Sense document (but because they are differnet connections filters from B are not applied to A or C and so on...

Just try and test it....

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Looks like it works

Rqat
Author

Yes! Thanks for you quick response

/R

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌awesome. I am glad i could help. Have a joce weekend!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

....‌(phone typing). Have a nice weekend!

Rqat
Author

I also wish you a "joce" weekend! Thanks!

sujeet_shirude
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Robert & Lech!

I applied two separate filters using two separate connections to the same user.

• Connection A drives Report 1 with Filters based on Connection A
  • Connection B drives Report 2 with Filters based on Connection B

Can I reuse the groups to which the users belong for creating new tasks? Thank you!

Regards,

Sujeet Shirude