Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suepenick
Creator
Creator

Nprinting 19.29.3.0 - Is there a place I can just look at the schedules - like OLD Nprinting

in new Nprinting 19.29.3.0 each  Task has a trigger.  So if we have over 100 tasks with multiple triggers, is there a way to see the schedule for a day so we can easily rerun tasks.

right now if there is an issue with a server or job at night - I just have to know all the task names - go into each one and run...

the old Nprinting allowed you to put the tasks in a Schedule (run all these jobs at 5 am)

if there was a problem - you just reran the the 5 am schedule.

it take forever now with the new software and I never know if I missed anything because the list go away after you search, go in, run and go back.  Surely someone has figured out a way to see a schedule of all the scheduled jobs...please say there is a way????

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is no monitoring tool build in NPrinitng, but it is easy to build custom app to show you information you are after. 

As an example you can use this:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting-Schedule-Monitor-NP17-and-Failed-Ta...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
suepenick
Creator
Creator
Author

though it does not help with running all the tasks again

it would be nice to see what is going on... thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @suepenick 

Although there isn't an official overall monitoring tool, you can using the following:

Both of the above are accessible while logged on as an NP administrator only in the 'Admin' drop down menu option

Next there is a hidden feature that allows you to observe publish task executions. This tool is not officially supported and used exclusively by R&D as needed. But since it's there you can check it out. Can't really give you more info on it aside from this unfortunately...but at least you can use it to view if your task is progressing or not. No harm in that.

Hope this helps a bit at least.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!