Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darshan_kotian
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Nprinting Designer throwing HTTP Status code forbidden 403 when adding set expression in a expression

I am on Nprinting November 2020

I am developing Nprinting excel report, which is acting strangely, any help would be appreciated.

I have chart with expression count(distinct {<Date={"$(vToday)",Type={'North'}}>} booking). when i preview in designer or save it, designer throughs below error

http call error sending request, {npriting url}/preview?outputformat=xlsx,  method post, HTTP Status code forbidden (403)

When i try removing the set expression it works flawlessly count(distinct booking). I am using table object with single dimension location.
Also this works fine if i am using pivot table with expression count(distinct {<Date={"$(vToday)",Type={'North'}}>} booking) hence i am finding this error weird.

Any guidance by who have faced this error is appreciated, Thanks

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am assuming it has something to do with <> tags which are also used by NPrinting. When you use it in a table this comes as a column tag in other objects it is likely coming through as a whole object tag, 

Have you tried moving your expression to master measure and using a master measure instead in your straight table or you could move all expression to variable . 

Make sure you update metadata and refresh/update tags in NPrinting designer afterwards.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is a strange error message. How did you imported the Qlik Sense table in the template? If you inserted it in the Tables node could you test by inserting as Image? Is the chart working correctly in the Qlik Sense app?

Another test you can do is to add the template into a publish task and run it to see if it will end successfully or you can try to run the preview in another computer to check if it is an issue of your Designer installation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
darshan_kotian
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Regarding 1st test you mentioned
Tried adding the chart as Image in excel worked fine

Regarding 2nd test
As i am not able to save the excel template in designer with expression including set expression, wont able to try running from published task

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Are you using something unsupported? Refer to the list https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

For example has the column a "Show column if"?

Does the table has the chart suggestion mode activated? (assistance mode)

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
darshan_kotian
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Thanks for the response

I am not using "Show Column If", Also Chart suggestion mode is disabled.

Also went through the link shared, charts doesnt seems to violate any condition mention on the page

Also i tested with converting expression to variable, its working. But in my previous experience Nprinting used to work seamlessly with expressions with set expression. Any issue specific with Nprinting November 2020?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I checked the Release Notes and I did not found issues similar to your one but upgrading to latest available version and test the issue with that is a good idea because we fix issues only starting from latest released version. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero