Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ekurt
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Nprinting Filter not Fully Cached

Hello,

today we wanted to upload several filters in Nprinting via Excel and we noticed the following conflict:
Our dimension (filter) has exactly 130 entries (also distinct values) in the data model and is not fully cached. We can update the values manually via "Search". If we do not update the filters via Search, sometimes we get an error message that the filtering are incorrect in our Reports.

On the Nprinting help page it says:
"The Qlik NPrinting cache only stores the first 1000 values from QlikView fields with a large amount of distinct values. In this case, the Fully cached green label does not appear. You will instead see a Search button on the right side of the value field. Type the string, or part of the string, that you want to find. Click Search to force Qlik NPrinting to look for the string in the connected QlikView document. When there is a large amount of distinct values, you have to manually insert the whole value that you want to filter."

Is there a control option to fully cache a specific field?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Try to insert a text box in your Qlik Sense app with the formula =FieldValueCount('City') https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Inter.... This will display the number of distinct values of the specified field, City in my case, loaded in your app. 

If they are more than 1000 it means that you have an issue in the load script. If they are 130, or less then 1000, I suggest you to open a support ticket with everything we need to reproduce. So the Qlik Sense app, the source Excel file etc.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ekurt 

i am not aware of issues like yours. 
i guess this is a candidate for a support ticket rather than community post as it will require testing, access to your environment etc. 

@Ruggero_Piccoli - what do you think?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@ekurt

It's currently not possible to fully cache specific or all dimension values.

However this should not result in any filtering issues. It is only that you may not see the filter values pop up as you start typing the filter value when creating the filter if the value is one of those that is not cached.

If your filtering is failing based on a valid filter/dimension value, then this would be reason for a support ticket.

Otherwise, I would suggest if all is actually working and you want to see this feature (option to fully cache all dimension values), I can suggest that you post your feature request to our 'Ideas' site here:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ekurt
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for advices, i will check it again and will create a support ticket

Frank_S
Support
Support

@ekurt
If your dimension values are numeric, make sure to change the filter type to 'numeric value is' as shown here:

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is not a control to fully cache a specific field. It is very strange that a field with 130 distinct values is not fully cached. How are you retrieving that there are only 130 distinct values? Be sure it is not a visualization issue. For example if you have a date hour field and you are seeing only 130 values in a chart that displays only the date. 

All fields with less than 1000 distinct values are fully cached. So, if a field is not fully cached, it means that the distinct values are more than 1000. Try to check the data model.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ekurt
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

regarding your question:

How are you retrieving that there are only 130 distinct values?

- We load an Excel file as a separate table with additional information for a supplier. In the Excel file exactly 130 rows/supplier are maintained. 

Attached is an snippet from our datamodel.

I just do not understand why the other fields from the table "fully cache" and the required field not.

Best regards

ekurt

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Try to insert a text box in your Qlik Sense app with the formula =FieldValueCount('City') https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Inter.... This will display the number of distinct values of the specified field, City in my case, loaded in your app. 

If they are more than 1000 it means that you have an issue in the load script. If they are 130, or less then 1000, I suggest you to open a support ticket with everything we need to reproduce. So the Qlik Sense app, the source Excel file etc.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero