Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
its_rajvir
Creator
Creator

Nprinting Report Dynamic naming

Hi Experts,

I am new to Nprinting, This maybe a simple question. How can i put yesterday date with the excel report name generated by nprining. i am able to put todays date but i am not sure about yesterday date.

It should be like this

"Report Name - yesterday Date"

Thanks in advance.

Rajvir

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When creating a new question in the community please add only the label of the version you are using. The answer could depend on it and I suppose you are not using one of the listed versions. Instead, if you are using a 16.* or one of the early 17.* please upgrade or migrate as soon as possible.

About dynamic naming refers to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Dynamic-report-na.... You can create a Qlik variable with the formula to calculate yesterday's date. Remember to include everything in a text() function to force the output as text to be used in the filename. Be also sure the result of the formula doesn't include not allowed characters in filenames.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When creating a new question in the community please add only the label of the version you are using. The answer could depend on it and I suppose you are not using one of the listed versions. Instead, if you are using a 16.* or one of the early 17.* please upgrade or migrate as soon as possible.

About dynamic naming refers to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Dynamic-report-na.... You can create a Qlik variable with the formula to calculate yesterday's date. Remember to include everything in a text() function to force the output as text to be used in the filename. Be also sure the result of the formula doesn't include not allowed characters in filenames.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
its_rajvir
Creator
Creator
Author

Thankyou so much @Ruggero_Piccoli. Sorry I just chose the random labels 😅, I will choose the correct label next time. I am using Nprinting 2018 version.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There are many versions in 2018 and none is still supported. So plan the upgrade to a supported version, the latest is better, as soon as possible.

Please read carefully the upgrade procedure on the help site and the release notes before starting the upgrade to avoid errors.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero