Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QFanatic
Creator
Creator

Nprinting and QlikView Section Access

hi guys

I have a Qlikview App that uses Section Access so that certain managers can only see certain employees.

On Nprinting Connection tab, you can specify Connection requires authentication and you can tick Apply user Section Access for reports.

How does this work...if my users are authenticated via AD, does it mean that if Manager X can only see Employee A, that Manager X's Nprinting report will only contain Employee A?

A second issue - our organization spans over multiple domains ...how do I add people from 'other' domains that are actually also working for us?

Much Appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How does this work...if my users are authenticated via AD, does it mean that if Manager X can only see Employee A, that Manager X's Nprinting report will only contain Employee A?

answer - yes, that's exactly how it should to work

your second question:

A second issue - our organization spans over multiple domains ...how do I add people from 'other' domains that are actually also working for us?

This is more tricky... How those users connect to QlikView currently from different domains? I would just create one user in nprinting which belongs to the other domain  (just populate Domain Account field in user settings) and would try to run task to see what happens. This all can be tested - documentation only requires environments to belong to the same domains - it does not mention anything about users...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.