Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdemb
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Nprinting ciclying on dinamic list of customers (on table)

Hi, my goal is send x number of mails for x number of customers; cycle through mail recipients taken from an app field and each with its own filter. P.es.   customer  pippo   send mail to pippo.x@ss.it  with his data; customer pluto send mail to pluto.s@ans.it   with his data; customer paperino   send mail to paperino@gg.eu  with his data;  I ve an app in sense with a dinamic customer registry (with email address) that update every day and a fact table connect. Tahnks for any suggestion.  

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting 17+ cannot import users and filters directly from Qlik Sense app but you can create a report template that read users information from Qlik Sense and export them in an Excel file with the correct structure to be imported ad Qlik NPrinting users. Details about users import are documented in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Us....

Then sending reports with filtered data via email to users is the main usage of Qlik NPrinting and is documented also in the official help site. I suggest to start from the Getting Started tutorial https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Get-started.htm

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Or
MVP
MVP

@Ruggero_Piccoli wrote:

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting 17+ cannot import users and filters directly from Qlik Sense app

To me, this has always been one of the least intuitive, most confusing, and clunkiest aspects of NPrinting. I don't suppose there's any plans in the works to add this functionality?

To me, a very typical NPrinting use case would involve sending information from an app to a list of users that's already in the app, e.g. send an email to customers based on the customer email field. This is something that I would have expected to be quite simple to achieve - tell NPrinting which field to cycle, which field to pull the email from, and you're ready to make a template. However, with NPrinting's there's no way to do this. You have to set up a user list, filter list, condition list, etc. externally on the NPrinting side and keep it maintained, which results in a lot of extra work and a lot of extra overhead when the required information is already contained in the app and each recipient is already associated with an email and a filter.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. There is a similar idea in the ideation area of the community at the address https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/NPrinting-Add-sources-for-import-task/idi-p/1781989

I suggest you to add your comments to that idea because they are monitored before deciding the new features development.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.