Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjshukla
Contributor
Contributor

Nprinting error while editing the template

Hello All,

I am using Nprinting April 2020 version. I have an excel report which uses 3 different Qlikview connections to create a report. It is working fine till yesterday but now I am getting the following error while I try to edit the template.

sjshukla_0-1590046488255.png

If i click yes, then I get the below error

sjshukla_1-1590046562451.png

I also get a message that it has repaired the file

sjshukla_2-1590046649716.png

The log file of the repair file is

sjshukla_3-1590046698009.png

When I get to the edit template section, the report looks fine but I am not able to Preview it, or Save and close it. I have to kill the task and then reopen it. However I am able to Publish the task successfully. 

It would be really helpful if anyone of you can guide me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Seenu

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi, It seems that your Excel template is corrupted, in fact the error that you get is thrown by Excel, not by NPrinting.

You can try to do this to check if the template is OK or needs to be repaired:

- Export the report from NPrinting.

- Extract the .zip file. You will find a folder containing an Excel file that is your template.

- Open the template as a normal Excel file and see if there is any corruption you can repair.

- Once you have repaired the file, zip everything again and import the .zip file as a new Excel report.

The newly imported report should work correctly.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for adding the Qlik NPrinting version in the text but, please, add it also as a label.

This error could also appear in case of a damaged installation of Microsoft Office or if you are using a not supported version. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.