Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting report help

Dear All,

We want to create below report in nprinting as PDF.

Tool_Tip_0-1717926982970.png

Wherein we will use the same template as above.

But we want to fetch the below information from qliksense app.

1) Customer ID

2) Customer Name ( First Name) (Last Name)

3) Bank Name

4) Branch

5) Account Number.

All of the above mention field, we have available as dimensions in the qliksense apps.

So, we have created app in nprinting also created respective data connection.

we Need to understand how can we use the above dimensions as in report template?

Tool_Tip_1-1717927173388.png

Kindly suggest.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Tool_Tip 

I have already answered your question:

"After that I start to preview, is that correct way to preview as I am not sure because I did not pass or mention any specific customer_ID, or is there a place where I should pass single ID and then preview report?"

in my original post i gave you this (see highlighted):

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1718061631315.png

as you mentioned you will need to select a customer id / customer so you only show single customer to fill up content. You can achieve this is in many ways which i described - see the red frame. You didnt tell us how you are planning to do it, so before we can suggest anything you may want to tell us what your planned workflow would be and how you would like to achieve this.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

• Hi. 
    put all required dimensions in the Qlik Sense table object,
  • reload Nprinting metadata
  • add that table in Nprinting
  • Drag and drop individual columns to respective places in your template. 

Given the nature of your question i assume you have 0 Nprinting experience hence I suggest you study documentation to get better understanding of how things work in Nprinting. 
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Introduction.htm
There are many other reasons why you should study documentation as for Nprinting you need to make sure your Qlik app is supported and built using supported solutions and objects.

I can imagine you would have to page through customers or use level or cycle or user filter functionalities to be able to get a report per each customer. So please study those features as well as each can be used to achieve this but also each will work in slightly different way. Cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for your information.

Only one thing here I want to ask. As per your steps i have Drag and drop individual columns to respective places in template. 

Now for example I have many "Customer ID" and I have drag this filed to respective place.

After that I start to preview, is that correct way to preview as I am not sure because I did not pass or mention any specific customer_ID, or is there a place where I should pass single ID and then preview report?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Tool_Tip 

All your questions are already explained in details on the official Qlik NPrinting help site linked by @Lech_Miszkiewicz . Developing solutions based on Qlik NPrinting requires training so start by reading the Getting Started https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Get-started.htm

How to develop templates in details is explained at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/QlikView-NPr...

If your goal is to deliver reports in PDF format I suggest to use PixelPerfect templates https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Intro-Pixel... because they allow you the maximum level of control on the output.

When creating a new conversation on the community please always remember to add the label of the version of the software you are using and only one label. The answer could depends on that version. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Tool_Tip 

I have already answered your question:

"After that I start to preview, is that correct way to preview as I am not sure because I did not pass or mention any specific customer_ID, or is there a place where I should pass single ID and then preview report?"

in my original post i gave you this (see highlighted):

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1718061631315.png

as you mentioned you will need to select a customer id / customer so you only show single customer to fill up content. You can achieve this is in many ways which i described - see the red frame. You didnt tell us how you are planning to do it, so before we can suggest anything you may want to tell us what your planned workflow would be and how you would like to achieve this.

cheers

Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Lech,

Yes, for testing purpose I have applied cycle on dimension Customer_ID and that is for few customers only.
It is working fine and generating the cycle report for each customers too. Lets see what will be next requirement from the business. 

But, yes after applying your steps it is working fine for me now. Thank you so much for you information.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My pleasure mate @Tool_Tip 

cheers!