Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomer1984
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting server memory leak

HI

I am having  issues with nprinting JUNE  18 .

From time to time (every week ) we are getting memory usage notification from the server  .  

Restart  the services is fixing it- however it is not a solution

I tried to increase the memory to from 8 to 12 GB - it didn't help.  

please advise

thanks

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello Tomer, 

Are you using NPrinting against QlikView, Qlik Sense or both? 

If you use NPrinting against QlikView, are your NPrinting connections created using Local connection or Server connection?

If you use Local Connection then the memory will be consumed on the NPrinting Engine. If you use Server Connection, then most of the memory will be consumed on QlikView Server. 

Is the machine dedicated to NPrinting or do you have any software? 

It would be interesting to check which process specifically consumes all the memory.

Here is a useful article providing information and guidance to deploy NPrinting with two attachments:

Finetuning and preparing your NPrinting 17/18 Deployment for use with QlikView and Qlik Sense

Hope this helps !!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
tomer1984
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

nprinting ans sense are on separate servers

Bastien_Laugiero

Thank you. 

Could you check which process is consuming the memory while it's spiking? (Postgres, Engine, Scheduler,...)

Are those memory spikes occurring during metadata reload, task triggered,...? You can check this in the WebConsole -> Admin -> Task Executions

Could it be a specific task triggering this memory spike?

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
tomer1984
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

it doesn't seem consistent , 

I am not sure it's related to the tasks , 

Is there a way i can understand how much memory each of the services consuming? 

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

I would suggest running Performance monitor on the NPrinting Server to check: 

If the issue is NPrinting related, you should see one of those process consuming the memory. 

In addition, note that 8-12 GB memory is usually for small environments (This is the minimum required)

If the usage of NPrinting is increasing then we expect to see CPU and memory more utilized. 

You can check the scalability document I have sent in my previous post.

Bastien Laugiero