Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmitry909
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting17 PowerPoint error

Hello!

Recently I faced the problem, when I've trying to move my NPrinting reports from NPrinting16 to NPrinting17 version.

This problem is relevant for PowerPoint reports. So, what's wrong.

I trying to create very simple report from small .qvw application (in attachment), containing only one table in PPT template.

Simple table:

0.png

Report creating:

1.png

After that, I've create a simple table 5x5 in NPDesigner template and insert name of my object <CH01> in first row.

2.png

And when I starting the task, it fails with such error:

WARN: error during report generation: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

In NPinting16 this case working perfectly, but in 17 version I have big problems with my PPT reports

Who can help me with this? This is a limitation of NPrinting17? How can I use custom tables in PPT reports filling with my data from qvw?

* P.S. If I've just dropping object in PPT template, without creating a table, it works, but, it is not, what I !need.

14 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok then..

you need to be precise what you are trying to do..now you are mentioning pivot table - which is completely different than what you have presented in your question from the very beginning.

With straight tables i do NOT see any limitation as of now, as you can follow instructions and bring either respective fields as well as whole table, with/without source formatting.

With pivot table i will need to check and let you know. It is likely i will again record a video of what i do in my NPrinitng instance to achieve it as it will reduce time i would have to spend doing screenshot.

Please allow me some time to do this and get back to you

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dmitry909
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sure, thank you, I hope you can get some solutions of this problem.

dmitry909
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi there!

I forgot to say. We can do this with each cell filling, we need just to fill each cell of our table.

It works in my case, but you can die before you get result if you have a big report with large tables...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - so here are my findings.

I am backing up my first say that product (NPrinitng 17+) works as designed. Lets just focus on Pivot table first as straight table is easier...

Scenario 1 - Keep Source Format

When using this property your object(output) should retain all formatting of the Qlik Object. This includes its layout , colours, numbers formatting etc so there should not be a need to do anything in. When using source format you should drag and drop your pivot table tag directly on PowerPoint grid (not into PowerPoint Table cell). You can control the size and look of your table directly in QlikView by adjusting column width and cells formatting.

I understand that in version 16 you were able to do this (drop table <tag> into PowerPoint table cell), but in NPrinitng 17+ you can't do this. You are right - it will throw an error.

If you disagree with this approach please open a support ticket with Qlik and let them investigate this and provide you with an answer. TO best of my knowledge this is working as designed.

Scenario 2 - Disable Keep Source Format

When you disable Source format you are able to control layout , colours, numbers formatting etc of your table. Indeed you can put then table <tag> object into a cell of a table, and your Power Point Table will apply formatting from PowerPoint. I am not big fan of this approach though.

To summerize:

• The approach you are taking at the moment will not work with NPritning 17. I do not consider it a bug as to me it works as it should or at least as it "says on the box". The argument that you could control column width with approach you used to use in NPrinting 16 is against a main principal of "Keeping The Source Format" as it also should keep the column width.

I do not think i can help you more or anyone else will. My suggestion again is to contact Qlik support and raise with them your concerns.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dmitry909
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech!

Thank you for help! I will try to contact with Qlik support.