Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil2185EY
Contributor II
Contributor II

Number formatting in millions

Hi,

Client is operating on multiple countries and on nprint server regional settings Indian number format is applied (##,###)

But when we create report for other countries we need number format in million (###,###)

We are using HTML reports in nprinting.

Can we change the number format with in nprinting or HTML code in millions without changing in regional settings.

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Simply in qlik sense you do your measures like text(num(yourmeasure,’yourformat’)). Since its text it will come through to Nprinting the same. 

Alternatively there is format option in Nprinting designer which you can use: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Designer-properti...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It all depends on format. If you are using html reports you can force whatever format you want directly in Qlik Sense side. In that case Nprinting regional settings are not issue. 
cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anil2185EY
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

In QlikSense number format is in millions only but while previewing in Nprinting they are converted according to regional settings.

How can I force the format in HTML. Can you please help

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Simply in qlik sense you do your measures like text(num(yourmeasure,’yourformat’)). Since its text it will come through to Nprinting the same. 

Alternatively there is format option in Nprinting designer which you can use: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Designer-properti...

Anil2185EY
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

After converting into text, Nprinting html is not evaluating the expression it simply printing the expression.

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Anil2185EY 

Please invest time to precisely say what you are doing. There is so many different ways you can use NPrinting. You can use tables as levels, as tables, you can use images, you can use variables and formulas. Each has completely different set of properties and features and each will work differently. With information provided I assumed you would use tables so I suggested text() or format... The answer is simple but I need to know proper question first to be able to answer it. So far I have answered you correctly twice assuming that you would use tables. Now you are talking about evaluating expression - same story - is it in variable or formula?

Build your question so we can replicate all steps you are taking. Keep in mind I am not there with you so I cannot see what you do. In order to replicate steps I would likely need some info about Qlik Sense source data (what you use for source: master measure, variable with formula is your variable expanded (starting with = sign or not?), table object, field?)  and the same on NPrinting side.

cheers

Anil2185EY
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for response.

I am using table without levels in Nprinting, it has formula "=Text(Num(Sum({<Year={"$(vMaxYear)"},DATE={">=$(vStartDate)<=$(vMaxDate)"}>} Order_Value),'###,##0'))" .

In nprinting html it is used as

<td style="border: .5px solid #e7e7e7;font-family:calibri;font-size:11pt;font-size-adjust:0.40;text-align:right;">
%%=text(Num(Sum({_Year={"$(vMaxYear)"},DATE={"_=$(vStartDate)_=$(vMaxDate)"}_} Order_Value),'###,##0'))%%

when I preview the file it simply shows me the same expression in the cell.

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In that case I dont know what you are doing wrong. It is very simple:

Table in Qlik Sense with measure in text format:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1688110448043.png

Added as table in NPrinting:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1688110515341.png

And result as expected:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_3-1688110595467.png

So - I dont know what else you could do?

by the way:

• It is strange that your measure starts with "=" sign thought
Anil2185EY
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the help.... same solution is working now..... maybe I was doing some mistake....