Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III

On Demand on Qlikview Server for NPrinting 19 version

Hi Team,

I am in between of Migration from QLikview NPrinting 16 version to Qlikview NPrinting Nov 19 version.

For NPrinting 19 version we need to install Qlikview on Demand Add on service on QLikview Server so does it impact on already existing On Demand Nprinting service which is running for NPrinting 16 version.

Both version needs different services need to be installed on Qlikview server. If yes , does it imact on already existing installation for NPrinting 16 version.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Instead of migrate to September 2019, I suggest you to migrate to November 2019 that has the Migration Tool that speeds up the migration from QlikView NPrinting 16. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm

On-Demand for QlikView NPrinting 16 is managed by QlikView NPrinting 16  server so it is installed in QlikView NPrinting 16  computer. On-Demand for Qlik NPrinting 19 is installed in the QlikView server that must be a different computer than Qlik NPrinting. So there should not be conflicts.

Note that the 3 products (QlikView Server, QlikView NPrinting 16 and Qlik NPrinting 19) must be installed on 3 different computers.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

I have updated to Nov 19 version now. We also do have different server for Qlikview Server, Qlikview NPrinting 16 and NPrinting 19 version.

But still I have doubt Qlikview server is not changed so from Qlikview server on demand service should run for NPrinting 16 as well 19 as well . I f i have download https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/On-Demand/Install-Components-QV... this version for NPrinting 19 version it won't impact running services for NPrinting 16 version.