cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MynhardtBurger
Contributor III
Contributor III

On-demand report "Request failed"

We very recently started getting "Request failed" errors when running on-demand NPrinting reports. This is on a qliksense application where the reports use to work fine, and we haven't made any changes to the qliksense application or the NPrinting report.

There are no report level filters applied in NPrinting. The qliksense user filters do result in a valid data result and isn't conflicting. Why would a report that used to work just 2 days prior suddenly break when there was no change to the setup or data structure?

We are running Qliksense November 2018 Patch 2 and NPrinting September 2018 SR2

I've added the log files for reference.

Log error message:

Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK 18.29.9.0 Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Resolvers.Contents.BaseBaseContentRequestResolver`1[[Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Requests.FilterMaterializationRequest, Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages, Version=18.29.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0f12475411058ae5]] 20190816T154317.988+02:00 WARN NPRINTING 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Error processing request of type Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Requests.FilterMaterializationRequest for sense app 8a651aa1-3d39-421b-aa33-35e692b83e08. ERROR: Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Exceptions.FailureFilterMaterializationException: Cannot apply filter Filters: [Fields: [Name: F\CC Lvl 2, ConnectionId: b391514c-16e0-4ab7-a281-ead1564501c0, Values: [String:11 FOAM], Override: False, Void: False, Name: F\Financial Year, ConnectionId: b391514c-16e0-4ab7-a281-ead1564501c0, Values: [Numeric:2020], Override: False, Void: False, Name: F\Financial Period, ConnectionId: b391514c-16e0-4ab7-a281-ead1564501c0, Values: [Numeric:1], Override: False, Void: False], Void: False], Bookmark: , Void: False to current document data. Requested fields with evaluates are: ↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikCommon.Resolvers.Contents.FilterMaterializationHelpers.MaterializeFilter(FilterMaterializationRequest request, Func`2 materializeFilter)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Resolvers.Contents.FilterMaterializationRequestResolver.Resolve(SenseApp doc, FilterMaterializationRequest request, AppField appField)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Resolvers.Contents.BaseContentRequestResolver`2.Resolve(SenseApp doc, TRequest request, IQixClassBase IGenericObject)↓↓ at Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.SDK.Resolvers.Contents.BaseBaseContentRequestResolver`1.Resolve(SenseApp doc, IContentRequest request, IQixClassBase senseObject)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MynhardtBurger
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried reimporting the NPrinting report (using the existing connection, again with no filters), but that didn't work.

What solved the error was to recreate the NPrinting connection to the same Qliksense application. Then reimport the NPrinting report to make use of the newly created connection and to update the application's on-demand report buttons to reference the duplicated report.

I can only speculate the something in the original connection got corrupted.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check the following article regarding this specific error.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000074356
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
MynhardtBurger
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank_S, I also looked at that article during my search, but the relevant report doesn't have any filters applied.

Annotation 2019-08-17 085207.png

MynhardtBurger
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried reimporting the NPrinting report (using the existing connection, again with no filters), but that didn't work.

What solved the error was to recreate the NPrinting connection to the same Qliksense application. Then reimport the NPrinting report to make use of the newly created connection and to update the application's on-demand report buttons to reference the duplicated report.

I can only speculate the something in the original connection got corrupted.

Albert_Candelario

Thanks to share with us how did you solve your issue.

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
MynhardtBurger
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Since my last post we encountered errors which might be related.

The report runs, but the user's selections aren't applied to the report.

Again to fix this I had to recreate the Nprinting connections, reimport the Nprinting reports and update the qliksense on-demand nprinting button to point to the new Nprinting reports.