Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III

PDF as default template

Dear all,

Just want to understand, if we can use pdf file as default template. We have below available list of files :

Tool_Tip_0-1718100583992.png

Labels (2)
9 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Tool_Tip you set PDF as the output in the publish task.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Tool_Tip 

Your output format options will vary depending on the type of NPrinting report you are exporting.

For information about which output formats are available please check this help page.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation...

In the NP report in your example, please note that PDF is NOT and output format for Qlik Entity Reports.

Report output formats

Each report type has different output format options:

Excel: .xlsx, .xls, .xlsm, .tiff, .pdf, .html
   Word: .docx, .doc, .html, .pdf
   PowerPoint: .pptx, .pdf
   HTML: .html, .htm
   PixelPerfect: .pdf, .html, .xls, .xlsx, .png, .gif, .jpeg, .tiff

QlikEntity: .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .png, .csv, .skv, .tab 

...and as @David_Friend the output format is indeed set in the NPrinting publish task.

Further to be clear, PDF is not an output format option for Qlik Entity Reports.

Hope this makes your options clearer to you.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Frank,

Output format is fine. I can keep as pdf and anything we want. But my concern is Input format can we use as PDF template ?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no @Tool_Tip there is no PDF template - (whatever you have in mind by saying "PDF template").

List of existing template formats is available as per your screenshot.

Pixel Perfect is the closest one to have full functionality of PDFs (including Indexing, bookamrking etc)

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Lech for your straight forward answer and suggestions.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Tool_Tip ,

You may want to elaborate on your train of thoughts and what you meant by PDF template? It is hard to understand your point of view with very limited information provided so I only could comment on what you have given us. If there are any specific features you are trying to achieve or if you have special requirements please let us know. Note that input is not as important as the output as only the output is used by users. 

I guess this is why we didnt understand your question because you mentionded PDF as template... which is irrelevant in NPrinting development...what is relevant is the final result.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Tool_Tip
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay. Let me try to explain more details.

Attached is the existing PDF report for purchase Item order details. I want to use this existing template in to generate nprinting report with data from qliksense application.

Now you have mentioned above " input is not as important as the output as only the output is used by users. " So can you please explain me how I can generate printing report with existing format including background watermark and font and color etc. ?

FYI...We do not have separate watermark file? 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Tool_Tip ,

• you could use pixel perfect template
    • save your PDF as Image and use it as background in pixel perfect report
    • populate required data from Qlik Sense in PixelPerfect report

I would however try to obtain required watermarks so they could be properly used in your pixel perfect template instead of suggested by me image version of your pdf.

cheers

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

No, you can't set a specific output format for each new report you add in a publish task or for all tasks. You must select the output format you want every time you add a report into a publish task.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.