Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiegoF
Creator
Creator

Page feature and pivot table don´t filter my sheets Excel

Hello!

So I have a normal table that I have converted into a pivot table, and then I use Page feature so I can have as many sheets as the page feature filter (in this case, the filter  is NOM_VENDOR_RESP). It does the x amount of sheets per NOM_VENDOR_RESP, but it doesnt filter my pivot table. So instead of showing only the data from ONE VENDOR, it shows me the full table, so I basically have x amount of sheets, with the same full table, but with the sheet names correctly.

Why am I not being able to fix this? I thought it would do it automatically but I guess I´m missing somehting.

My result: for example: 3 sheets with their names: Person 1, Person 2, Person 3, but in each sheet its the FULL TABLE with all the data, not filtered by Person1 data, Person2 data and Person3 data.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The solution would be to put pivot table and source table into single (the same) sheet together otherwise you are losing the link between source data and pivot table which is typical excel behaviour.

What you are doing is:

• you create a source data for your pivot table
  • you then duplicate pivot table as many times as many values you have in your paging node, but indeed you are still pointing to the same data (which is full dataset). 

So the result you see are expected I would say. 

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The solution would be to put pivot table and source table into single (the same) sheet together otherwise you are losing the link between source data and pivot table which is typical excel behaviour.

What you are doing is:

• you create a source data for your pivot table
  • you then duplicate pivot table as many times as many values you have in your paging node, but indeed you are still pointing to the same data (which is full dataset). 

So the result you see are expected I would say. 

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.