cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shreyash1795
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pixelperfect : Bar chart - constant line

I have a rotated bar chart and I want to have a constant line at 0 across the Y axis. The constant line comes up good but I see the bars are overlapping and even going beyond constant line at 0. I mean, if the value is -0.4 it has some portion of the bar on the positive side of the constant line. Can anybody help me, why the charts behave like that?

bar chart - constant lines.png

bar crossing.png

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @shreyash1795

Given that you are posting a question about your Qlik NPrinting Pixel Perfect template editor, your post has been move from Qlik (cloud) reporting to Qlik NPrinting Discussions.

Please note that this issue would need to be investigated by our R&D team in all likelihood.

Thus I would suggest that you start a support case, providing your QS or QVW to the support case along with an exported copy of your NPrinting Report.

Kind regards...

cc @Ruggero_Piccoli

Thoughts?

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
shreyash1795
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Frank,

Thanks for replying. The QS file requires a lot of approvals from the higher ups to be provided, that is why I posted a question as it was related to chart behavior, but if that is the only solution I will raise a request for those files.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @shreyash1795 

just mockup dummy data - at the end you need few values for dimensions and few values for measure where some are negative - it doesn't have to be your production data for the case if problem is in pixelperfect charting library.

Something like

Load 
a,
b
Inline
[a,b
x,2
y,3
z,-1
];

Issue is clear and should be easy to reproduce with dummy data if that indeed is PixelPerfect problem. You may provide additional info in form of versions of QlikVIew or Qlik Sense, NPrinting version and whether you are referring to this chart as an image from QlikView or Qlik Sense or if you are using build in library.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could give a check at the post https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/PixelPerfect-Dynamic-constant-line-in-bar-chart/td-p/53...

If you want to add a trendline instead you can check https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/How-to-put-a-trend-line-in-a-bar-chart-on-Pixel-Perfect...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
shreyash1795
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I think I understand the issue now, the constant line even if given to start from 0, it is little over the axis. This I think is a default qlik behaviour where the constant line is not exactly at 0. Is there any way we can keep the X-axis at 0 and make the labels go back if there are negative values.

Like this : 

bar chart.png