cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

PowerPoint Formatting Problems After Upgrade to NPrinting 2022-05

We recently upgraded to the latest release and service pack of NPrinting and have found that our PowerPoint reports are no longer formatted the same way. It appears like objects have changed size and/or spacing.

Pre-update vs. post-update:

gksmithlcw_0-1680543289857.png

gksmithlcw_1-1680543380894.png

gksmithlcw_2-1680543526552.png

Any idea what would cause this and how to fix it? There are 30+ templates we use and they are all exhibiting this problem.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
22 Replies
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

As noted in my (corrected) post above, I'm using source formatting from Qlikview. Are you suggesting that the upgrade caused this to break and that I now need to do all my formatting in Designer?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no, not necessarily I did little bit of testing and if your report comes from QlikView it should reflect QlikView layout. So it would be good to see how the layout look in QlikView for those objects. 

Also - did you re-generate metadata after upgrade?

Maybe @Frank_S or @Ruggero_Piccoli  can advice more on that? 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

We did not made updates on PixelPerfect since a long time and the update procedure doesn't change the templates so I suppose the cause could be another.

Did you updated also QlikView? Are you using a supported version of QlikView? https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Did you updated the installation on the same machine or did you moved all or part of Qlik NPrinting in new computers? In particular did you moved or added Engines? If yes and if you are using custom fonts be sure you installed the .ttf in the new computers. 

Share also some screenshots of the template. The PixelPerfect template has no data, only the object IDs. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Please go through all comments in this topic. @gksmithlcw has wrongly described the problem. It is not a PixelPerfect template - it is PowerPoint using QlikView with Keep Source Format.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

I confirm my request to check the version of QlikView in use. I asked because I experienced similar formatting changes with not supported versions. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

We haven't regenerated metadata to my knowledge. I'll have my users give that a try.

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

Ruggero,

NPrinting upgrades were all in place, no server changes or anything.

We have not yet upgraded QlikView. We only upgraded NPrinting because NPrinting abruptly stopped working. Are there any known gotchas upgrading to the latest Qlikview release?

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

Refreshing metadata has broken things even worse....

gksmithlcw_0-1680619039551.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is a bit of confusion in this question. The latest screenshot is related to the On-Demand, the title speaks about a formatting issue in a PowerPoint template. I suggest analyzing and solving a problem at a time. 

Do not use On-Demand until the issue with the template is solved. 

Open the template in Designer and run a preview. If it works, we can check which is the problem with On-Demand. If the preview doesn't work, we have to solve it first. 

If the connection cache generation cause the issue, some objects used in the template are no longer available in the source QlikView document. You can also do a Check Entities in the Designer:

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1680619824261.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

I was able to restart the NPrinting server and engines and clear the issues with On Demand. Running a report On Demand still gives me the formatting problems.