We recently upgraded to the latest release and service pack of NPrinting and have found that our PowerPoint reports are no longer formatted the same way. It appears like objects have changed size and/or spacing.
Pre-update vs. post-update:
Any idea what would cause this and how to fix it? There are 30+ templates we use and they are all exhibiting this problem.
As noted in my (corrected) post above, I'm using source formatting from Qlikview. Are you suggesting that the upgrade caused this to break and that I now need to do all my formatting in Designer?
no, not necessarily I did little bit of testing and if your report comes from QlikView it should reflect QlikView layout. So it would be good to see how the layout look in QlikView for those objects.
Also - did you re-generate metadata after upgrade?
We did not made updates on PixelPerfect since a long time and the update procedure doesn't change the templates so I suppose the cause could be another.
Did you updated also QlikView? Are you using a supported version of QlikView? https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...
Did you updated the installation on the same machine or did you moved all or part of Qlik NPrinting in new computers? In particular did you moved or added Engines? If yes and if you are using custom fonts be sure you installed the .ttf in the new computers.
Share also some screenshots of the template. The PixelPerfect template has no data, only the object IDs.
Please go through all comments in this topic. @gksmithlcw has wrongly described the problem. It is not a PixelPerfect template - it is PowerPoint using QlikView with Keep Source Format.
Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,
I confirm my request to check the version of QlikView in use. I asked because I experienced similar formatting changes with not supported versions.
NPrinting upgrades were all in place, no server changes or anything.
We have not yet upgraded QlikView. We only upgraded NPrinting because NPrinting abruptly stopped working. Are there any known gotchas upgrading to the latest Qlikview release?
There is a bit of confusion in this question. The latest screenshot is related to the On-Demand, the title speaks about a formatting issue in a PowerPoint template. I suggest analyzing and solving a problem at a time.
Do not use On-Demand until the issue with the template is solved.
Open the template in Designer and run a preview. If it works, we can check which is the problem with On-Demand. If the preview doesn't work, we have to solve it first.
If the connection cache generation cause the issue, some objects used in the template are no longer available in the source QlikView document. You can also do a Check Entities in the Designer:
I was able to restart the NPrinting server and engines and clear the issues with On Demand. Running a report On Demand still gives me the formatting problems.