Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danymacedoaditi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Problem with Nprinting 17.3 creating filters with set analysis

Hi everyone,

I have just installed Nprinting 17.3 at the client and I am migrating the reports created in qlikiew to Nprinting from an App, bringing them as Qlik Entity.

=> At this App I have 2 reports, both of them were before now distributed by PDFdistribution.

=> Both of them depend on filters from Triggers that come from the application.

Example: at the application I have many triggers as "Get the last work day": what the developer from this application did was to get

Max({<Flag_workday = {'1'}>}FAT_BillingDate), some of this triggers include many set analysis.

How can I get this  in Nprinting 17.3 once I can't get the report with all the filters(triggers) from the qvw as PDF Distribution use to do before and I can't include set analysis into expressions at the filters menu in Nprinting 17.3.

Is there any way?

Kind Regards.

Danyela.

4 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

NPrinting does not support QlikView triggers.

You can try creating a dynamic filter using an expression instead: Static and dynamic filters ‒ Qlik NPrinting

danymacedoaditi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks Stephen, but at the dynamic filter I can compare actual year and previus year (because both of them use only functions and one dimension), but in my case I need to compare conditions of many fields.

Example, I want FAT_Year = Max({<Flag_workday = {'1'}>}FAT_BillingDate), where I need the max date from FAT_BillingDate but only if FLAG_Workday is egual 1.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

1. the different approach will require little bit of development. You can change your expressions in charts and tables to already include your filters from trigges.

This will only need to be done for objects used for reports.

2. Change your data model to flag records or actualy flag in your calendar FAT_Year where your condition is fulfilled

or maybe if it is enough - simply use filter to apply filter on field Flag_workday = 1.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
danymacedoaditi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Lech,

My first idea it was to do your first suggestion, but it is a really big app and report and would consume days of work, in the end I did many tests and I got the result when I split all conditions from the set analysis in filters within Nprinting, seems like it is  working.

Thanks a lot you all.

Regards.