cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elva_lester
Contributor III
Contributor III

Publishing Cycled Report with Dynamic Name

I have an annual report that contains data aggregated for all facilities plus data for a single facility. I created a dynamic name on the report to include the year and the facility. I would like to cycle the facility and then publish to NewsStand so each facility manager only sees the report for their facility. In addition, HQ staff needs to see all of the reports for all facilities. I have two issues:

1. When I added a user filter for the specific facility and published the cycled report, no report was published for the user. It looks like for a cycled report, they get them all or none. Is that right?
  2. If I can't cycle the report and distribute to individual users via filters, I need the Friendly Name on the publish task to be the dynamic report name so HQ staff can distinguish between the different facility reports. This doesn't seem to be possible either.

I am using Qlik Sense Enterprise June 2020 and Qlik NPrinting June 2020.  The report is a Word template.

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, Answers to your questions below:

1. When I added a user filter for the specific facility and published the cycled report, no report was published for the user. It looks like for a cycled report, they get them all or none. Is that right?
    • Answer - No, that is not right. You must have done something wrong like
      • wrong filter on user
      • user may have other filters which exclude data (from other reports but the same connection)
      • you have created a filter which excludes all values
      • user may not have appropriate role assigned in NPrinting
  2. If I can't cycle the report and distribute to individual users via filters, I need the Friendly Name on the publish task to be the dynamic report name so HQ staff can distinguish between the different facility reports. This doesn't seem to be possible either.
    • Answer - it also is possible with the use of Qlik Sense variables (read about variables and how they behave in NPrinitng on https://help.qlik.com) but will again require use of users with filters which would return values for individual value you want to include (like facility)

To me situation you described seems like there is simply something wrong with the way everything is setup, hence you cannot get the correct results, however without seeing it (no screenshots, no detailed descriptions etc..) it is hard to help you more...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
elva_lester
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response.

For #1, that was definitely user error.  I believe I did have multiple filters set which excluded data.

For #2, I will elaborate further and attach screenshots.

• I have created a cycled report with a dynamic name that includes a Qlik variable.
  • I have created a publish task for that report.  The publish task Friendly Name defaults to the report name.
  • When the publish task executes, the report name visible on NewsStand matches the Friendly Name which does not contain the variable.  However, the zip file name and the files within the zip do contain the variable.
  • I would like the report name visible on NewsStand to also include the variable so users can easily distinguish between multiple versions without having to download and open the report.

See the attached PDF for further details.

I appreciate any help you can give.