cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mphansalkar
Contributor
Contributor

Publishing Report to hub in a folder

I have a NP report which cycles on a field called Program Name. When I publish it to hub, I see that the Report name is Report-ProgramCode and not the friendly name that I have given in the publish task. Is it possible to have the Friendly name shown in the Hub Reports area ? also can we create a folder structure under Reports area in the hub and publish to the hub in the folder ?

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

Regarding the name - I will need to test it.

Regarding Folder structure in HUB - that is currently not supported!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all, when posting new questions, please, invest the needed time to fill all the details correctly including the exact version of the software you are using because the answer could depend on it. If you are using Qlik NPrinting 17.0 I strongly suggest you to upgrade following the documentation but I think you are using a more recent version because distribution to Sense hub requires the 17.1. Thanks.

Distribution to Qlik Sense Hub doesn't support subfolders https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Hub-destina...

You can create subfolders with the distribution to folders https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Folder-dest...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@mphansalkar in Qlik NPrinting, you can change the report name that appears in the Qlik Sense Hub by changing the output name of the report. To change the output name of the report, you need to open the report in the Qlik NPrinting designer and then navigate to the "Output" tab. From there, you can edit the "Output name" field to set the desired friendly name.

As for creating a folder structure under the Reports area in the Qlik Sense Hub and publishing reports to the folder, you can create new folders in the Qlik Sense Hub and then publish your reports to those folders. To do this, you need to log in to the Qlik Sense Hub as an administrator or someone with sufficient access rights to create and manage content. Once you are logged in, you can navigate to the "Content" section and create a new folder. Then, in Qlik NPrinting, you can specify the folder you want to publish the report to by selecting it in the "Folder" field when you publish the report.