Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
go282748045
Contributor II
Contributor II

QLIK NPrinting Designer Can Not Open Excel Model

Hello,

the development of Excel templates on NPrinting cannot be associated with the locally installed office,NPrinting version: Qlik NPrinting February 2021(Version: 21.0.0.0), provided that NP Designer has been installed, and the installation version of office 365 is shown in screenshot 2. It can be used normally before, and the office version should be upgraded later. If the template is in HTML format, it can be opened normally through the Designer and saved for development. Only the office component cannot be opened, and the error message is shown in screenshot 1. What causes this, How to solve it.

thank you!

screenshot 1.pngscreenshot 2.jpg

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
David_Friend
Support
Support

@go282748045 also be aware we had a known defect regarding NP Designer and Office 365, basically Microsoft pushed an update that caused NP Designer to fail for many customers, R&D was able to figure it out and this was patched starting with May 2021 SR3 and newer, so they should look at upgrading NPrinting:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates/RESOLVED-NPrinting-Designer-Issue/ba-p/1846432

View solution in original post

go282748045
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much. This may be the reason. I'll try upgrading

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Saurabh_K14999
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,
The template is open mode currently and is not closed yet. So, you are unable to open it.
Go to the given path and delete the file which is mentioned in the error and try to open the template again.
If not, try restarting the machine hope it works.

Regards,
SK
go282748045
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

The screenshot is the first time I opened the template. I have not opened the template before. It displays Excel first, then Designer, and then prompts an error message.It's not good to restart the machine and turn it on again.

David_Friend
Support
Support

@go282748045 also be aware we had a known defect regarding NP Designer and Office 365, basically Microsoft pushed an update that caused NP Designer to fail for many customers, R&D was able to figure it out and this was patched starting with May 2021 SR3 and newer, so they should look at upgrading NPrinting:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Updates/RESOLVED-NPrinting-Designer-Issue/ba-p/1846432

go282748045
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much. This may be the reason. I'll try upgrading