Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lamharhar
Contributor
Contributor

QV Variable not evaluated in the body of the HTML Email

Hi

I created a task in Qlik NP, and in the email i tag a variable created in the QV app, but after sending email, the variable is not evaluated

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

We have

Qlik NPrinting => May 2021 SR5
Qlikview desktop => May 2021 SR2

Are them compatible?

Actually no they are not compatible.

NPrinting Designer and Server MUST be the same version.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

• Qlik NPrinting Designer must be the same version as Qlik NPrinting Server.

But even though the above must be done, you need to set the email to evaluate to the user in the task or the publish task itself. See below

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I assume it is because your variable definition does not start with = sign and does not expand in QlikView. 
this is documented in help page and works as designed: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Variables-dont-expan...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I would like to add to @Lech_Miszkiewicz suggestion, to test the variable in the source QlikView document to be sure it is working as expected before using it in Qlik NPrinting.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lamharhar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi

Already done, but same problem

I tested variable in QV App, it works 

but in body (email) , not appeared

Thanks in advance

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok,

Next things to check:

• Version of QlikView vs Version of NPrinting - are you in supported configuration
  • Did you change NPrinting connection name maybe - as you can see connection string is part of the name of variable you put in your email body
    • make sure you regenerate metadata and update those as well in case you haven't done so already
  • creating variable by "=NakedFieldReference" is not a good practice. I suggest to use aggregation function of Concat(Distinct ) or Only() or some other depending on type of data MaxString() or Max(). This is just a good practice and in this case I dont think it will matter though, regardless personally I would not leave it like that. 
    • Since you are using naked field reference  you are assuming that at the time of report generation there is only 1 value in that field by either having just one value or applying filters to return only one value. If you are applying filters, please make sure your filters are correct and working. Keep in mind that NPrinting clears all selections before generating reports and that there is a list of unsupported objects like "triggers" or "always one selected value" which may play a role: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

Lets see how it goes once you check the above.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lamharhar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Lamharhar_0-1682089353958.pngLamharhar_1-1682089389202.png

Lamharhar
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We have

Are them compatible?

Thanks and Regards

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

• It should be-i am replying from the phone so hard to check it now, but i will check it later. 
  • What about QlikView server? it needs to be on the same version as your desktop client used on Nprinting engine machine. 
  • what about all other questions I asked regarding qvw compatibility. 
Frank_S
Support
Support

We have

Are them compatible?

Actually no they are not compatible.

NPrinting Designer and Server MUST be the same version.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

• Qlik NPrinting Designer must be the same version as Qlik NPrinting Server.

But even though the above must be done, you need to set the email to evaluate to the user in the task or the publish task itself. See below

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!