Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ri_ta
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik NPrinting Error "exception during content resolution error: timeout exception"

Hey guys,

I was trying to preview a report using NPrinting Designer and I got this error :

"The preview request failed with message: Exception during content resolution while processing request with id: cc45-a687wed. ERROR: one or more errors occurred ---> Method "GetLayout" timed out"

Do you have any idea what this might be?

Thanks!

Rita

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How big is your source document?

i just think the object you are trying to use is maybe too large. Can you try apply filter to your report dataset before preview in designer?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ri_ta
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Can you explain what is the source document?

This is a report designed with Microsoft Excel and has 20 sheets, could it be because of this?

There is a table per page, each with 4/6 columns and maybe 20 rows.

The report already has a filter applied (Year & month).

Thanks,

Rita

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Source document is your Qlik application and tables which are used as a data source in your excel template. 

Are they large (in qlik)

do they take lot of time to calculate?

cheers

lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ri_ta
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

No, it takes seconds.

But the problem is solved, I restarted the NPrinting machine.

Thanks a lot!

Rita