Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skzwane01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik NPrinting June 2019 Version: 19.19.4.0 Filter not working

Good day,

I am having issues with applying filters on NPrinting.

I have created filters and applied the filters on the report however the report is not filtering the data.

Please see screenshot below of the filters. Please note I had created a value filter and also created created an evaluated field but still not working 

The report format is a Powerpoint.

Nprinting Version: 19.19.4.0.

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @skzwane01 

Specifically, avoid using the same dimension or filter twice in the filter hierarchy: 

• Each filter will be analyzed in sequence: task -> user -> report -> object.
  • The values of filter fields at different levels will be intersected.
  • If the intersection gives an empty result, the filter chain will become invalid.

You already have a filter in your task. If you have the same filter or dimension used in that filter within the user, report or object filter, you will end up with an empty result

You can also view the NPrinting logs to look for 'empty set' error which will validate that you have the same dimension used twice in the above mentioned hierarchy.

In a nutshell, keep your publish task filter and remove any other filters from the report, user and table or image object with the NP report template

Hope this helps.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you may also read some of my comments regarding filters in NPrinting here:

https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.