Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmar811
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik NPrinting Variable conditions sometimes works or sometime not.

Hi Experts,

I'm encountering an issue with an NPrinting variable condition. I have utilize the Maxdate variable to compare it with 'today-1' and trigger the report. However I have noticed that sometime the condition is throws a n error as shown below but most of the times report will triggered.

August 17, 2023 6:30:00 AM Error

Execution for task d28f8b59-8975-4982-8dfc-a5e1139942d3 failed for an exception System.Exception: Exception during content resolution while processing request with id 581dde06-7c55-44bb-b68e-4d1ee180bf61. Check Engine logs for details. ERROR: Invalid QlikView formula '[vMaxDateNum]=(num(floor(Max(Date))))'. No report will be generated.

I have compare the condition on NPrinting as shown below

ahmar811_0-1692249636160.png

This is how I have created the variable in Qliksense Application.

ahmar811_1-1692249799276.png

Can you please help me out.

Thanks

Regards

Ahmar

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My approach is to create variable (which is expression starting with "=" sign in Qlik Sense and which runs a conditions (like: =If(xyz=Today()-1,1,0) nad returns 1 or 0 as a result. Then in NPrinting conditions I setup validation against constant equal 1 or 0. I have never had issues with this approach. 

the = sign expression in variable is to make sure NPrinting gets an expanded value as documented here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Variables-dont-expan...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,  
1) My expression that works I have an equals "=" sign at the beginning.

Sebastian_Dec_0-1692251437690.png

2) If that doesn't help, the expression may not be equal.
Make an identical expression in Qlik in Set Analysis and check what values you get.

3) Check if the application is loaded and the meta data is loaded too (I had a problem with it once).

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My approach is to create variable (which is expression starting with "=" sign in Qlik Sense and which runs a conditions (like: =If(xyz=Today()-1,1,0) nad returns 1 or 0 as a result. Then in NPrinting conditions I setup validation against constant equal 1 or 0. I have never had issues with this approach. 

the = sign expression in variable is to make sure NPrinting gets an expanded value as documented here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Variables-dont-expan...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.