cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arusanah
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik nPrinting report Designer Questions

Recently a new Qlik Patch was installed in my company ( Qliksense Nov 22  and  nPrinting May 2022 SR3 version 22.15.11 ) and post-implementation some of nPrinting reports stopped working especially the report where Object IDs are within the container.  It returns blank.

a) I tried to create the report using the master Visualization but I am not able to find the Master object Ids in  nprinting designer. Don't know why but Master Object IDs are not showing on the Nprinting side.

arusanah_0-1687524459180.png

I heard there is a bug in nPrinting that cannot interpret object ID's within the container, if so what is the workaround? 

b) I have multiple charts in that container that I want to display on the report. How can I display all charts when I am not able to see the Object ID's?

arusanah_1-1687525428267.png

c) Another problem is  - on the Dev hub how can you tell whether the object is coming from the base sheet or duplicated sheet?  I see one visual multiple times and each one has a different ID.

arusanah_0-1687525376817.png

Any help is much appreciated!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - understand.

You have assumed it all wrong. Id of your master visualisation is not the same as the id of visualisation you put into your container. Each time you drag and drop master visualisation on the sheet that object receives its unique ID and that is what NPrinting sees.

To obtain ID of object in container you simply should use "/options/developer" suffix in your url address when viewing the app in hub. Then you just right-click on your container and obtain from developer menu the ID of the object you need. I would never use Dev-Hub for this.

1. Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1687526309665.png

2. Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1687526322063.png

3. Lech_Miszkiewicz_2-1687526730878.png

With that you can obtain all required Id;s easily. 

Cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

You are not precise enough in describing your problem. Lets start from the basics:

• your version of Qlik Sense
  • your version of NPrinting - based on your label I assume it is version May 2023 IR

What do you define as Master Item in your question. Mater Item can be:

• Master Dimension
  • or Master Measure which can be used as a column in chart or table.
  • Master Item can be also reference as a part of expression in variable or formula for example:Margin= [Sales]-[Cost] 
  • Master Item can also be a Master visualisation (object which you can drag and drop within Qlik Sense sheets)

In terms of NPrinting all of them were always supported. Master Measures and Master Dimensions can be successfully used in charts and tables. Yes - there was a bug where master measures referenced in other measure definition did not return values but that was long time ago and was resolved. Here you have link to the conversation:

Now question regarding containers. I have never had issues with them. I will try and play little bit to see if I can replicate the issue. Otherwise you may provide us with steps to replicate your problem as that would save us time guessing whats wrong. cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
arusanah
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Miszkiewicz,

Thank you for your response .  we are using Qlik sense Nov 2022 patch 3. but for nPrinting they recently installed May 2022 SR3 version 22.15.11   I see couple of issues 

a) Not Finding Master visualization ID in nPrinting Designer

I tried to create a master Visualization and wanted to use that in nPrinting Designer report, but I'm not able to see the master Visual ID in nPrinting Designer.

arusanah_1-1687523771863.png

b) I want to present each chart in container on my nPrinting Report. How can i present these chart  when i am not able to see master Visualization ID's that  presented within the container

arusanah_0-1687524897010.png

c)  Another problem is  - on the Dev hub how can you tell whether the object is coming from the base sheet or duplicated sheet?  I see one visual multiple times and each one has a different ID

arusanah_1-1687525084232.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - understand.

You have assumed it all wrong. Id of your master visualisation is not the same as the id of visualisation you put into your container. Each time you drag and drop master visualisation on the sheet that object receives its unique ID and that is what NPrinting sees.

To obtain ID of object in container you simply should use "/options/developer" suffix in your url address when viewing the app in hub. Then you just right-click on your container and obtain from developer menu the ID of the object you need. I would never use Dev-Hub for this.

1. Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1687526309665.png

2. Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1687526322063.png

3. Lech_Miszkiewicz_2-1687526730878.png

With that you can obtain all required Id;s easily. 

Cheers

arusanah
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank You so much Lech_Miszkiewicz!  you saved me from turning "bald & beautiful" ..hahahah. I was losing my head between Dev hub & nPrinting. 

I love interacting with Qlik community we find solutions 99% time if not 100%.

Thanks to all members and MVP on board.

Cheers!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

appreciate your kind words - cheers