Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IrinaSinina
Contributor
Contributor

QlikNPrinting Powerpoint Table

Hi,

I have an issue with Powerpoint table in Qlik Nprinting.  I added two tables reports into Powerpoint. Both tables are same, with 10 lines of data and same alignments. But only one table is automatically adjusted to fit the slide. Second table lines are same as the header and it doesn't fit the slide. Does anyone have any ideas how to set up powerpoint table to fit the slide?

Powerpoint report is attached.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

also you mentioned NPrinitng Designer version. I assume Designer and Engine and Server are running the same version as this it compulsory!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Could you please describe in details how you build your tables. 

I just tried by:

• creating 2 slides
  • dragging and dropping on each of the slide table headers

It worked as it shoud.

• Which version of NPrinitng are you on?
  • Is this with QlikView or Qlik Sense
    • which version of above
  • Are you disabling keep source format..

Creating a short video with steps you take when creating those tables would help us to understand the problem. If you cannot do that, then we would need to know all steps to replicate your issue as my simple steps worked as they should 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
IrinaSinina
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

I tried create new report.

NPrinting Designer version is 20.39.3.0. It is Qlikview 12. I cannot create a video, but I did word document.

Please see attachments.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

So my understanding is that what bothers you is the row height of the second table, right?

what settings have you got in "Distribute Rows"? I would suggest to set it to like 0.5 or 1. When you put it there it may disappear and remain blank...

Power point tables tend to adjust their heights if there is not enough space set so too small value will not be a problem. On the other hand if you set it up to larger value then all rows will inherit it (the will not shrink automatically)

1.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

also you mentioned NPrinitng Designer version. I assume Designer and Engine and Server are running the same version as this it compulsory!

IrinaSinina
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI,

Thank you for your help. It is very interesting -  I tried to adjust the height of the line, but system didn't allow me do it less then the height of the header line. I noticed that after those manipulations system applied the same height to all lines.

I tried to drug and drop table columns into new slide, and it works right - the height is adjusted by lines.

I understand that if I don't touch a line height, everything works fine.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There you go - "you tried to adjust height" - which is the key in this experiment. If we knew that one of your steps in report design was to adjust a height of row we would knew answer straight away 🙂

When you are not adjusting height the height will be automatically adjustet based on the content.

I guess it is just a lesson that when creating question it is important to mention all steps which will lead us to be able to replicate the issue...

Anyway - I am glad you know the answer on how to deal with this now 🙂

cheers