Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II

Qliksense success task sende different mail

Hi all, 

I have a task build on Qliksense that runs twice a day. Nprinting forwarding requirements I have 8 mails. I want 6 mails to be sent the first time and successful progress, and 2 mails to be sent when it works the second time. Is this possible? Or do I have to setup my Qliksense inside task twice? your help is welcome

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @krmvacar 

I believe you have 2 options:

1. use of conditions - you can setup conditions/variables to be calculated in your Qlik Sense app which will return true or false (1/or 0 - or similar) for the first reload in the day and then on NPrinting side you can use that to allow report/or task to be triggered. Same - you would do for second reload in the day. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm

2. Second option would be API - This is my preferable option and it would be the use of the API as documented here: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/ (Make sure you read inner links as they document how to set everything up and my NPrinting qvs is just for simplicity of use). With that you can easily build a logic around anything you need in Qlik Sense load script so you quite literally have unlimited capabilities.. 

by the way - your requirements are quite vague and at the moment there is no out of the box control over if task runs on success or failure (unless you are already using conditions), so that would have to be clarified. Another thing is that NPrinting April 2020 (as you indicating in your label of the post) is not supported for long time. This should be upgraded to up to date/supported version. THE OBVIOUS THING IS TO CHECK COMPATIBILITY WITH QLIK SENSE VERSION which 99.9% of clients forget to do and they break setup when doing upgrade of only one of the tools (say doing Qlik Sense upgrade but not NPrinting). 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @krmvacar 

I believe you have 2 options:

1. use of conditions - you can setup conditions/variables to be calculated in your Qlik Sense app which will return true or false (1/or 0 - or similar) for the first reload in the day and then on NPrinting side you can use that to allow report/or task to be triggered. Same - you would do for second reload in the day. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm

2. Second option would be API - This is my preferable option and it would be the use of the API as documented here: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/ (Make sure you read inner links as they document how to set everything up and my NPrinting qvs is just for simplicity of use). With that you can easily build a logic around anything you need in Qlik Sense load script so you quite literally have unlimited capabilities.. 

by the way - your requirements are quite vague and at the moment there is no out of the box control over if task runs on success or failure (unless you are already using conditions), so that would have to be clarified. Another thing is that NPrinting April 2020 (as you indicating in your label of the post) is not supported for long time. This should be upgraded to up to date/supported version. THE OBVIOUS THING IS TO CHECK COMPATIBILITY WITH QLIK SENSE VERSION which 99.9% of clients forget to do and they break setup when doing upgrade of only one of the tools (say doing Qlik Sense upgrade but not NPrinting). 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.