Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmahfoudhi
Partner - Contributor III

Qlikview Nprinting On-demand Issue

Hello All,

I have an issue with Nprinitng On-Demand, when i add on-demand object to the sheet and create the connexion, the application become very slow and in the access point i can't even open the sheet and the application.

It impacts the application.

Do you have any insights of the reasons behind this issue please?

Qlikview version Nov 2018, the same version for On demand

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

You will need to upgrade to a supported version of QlikView and NPrinting before a thorough resolution can take place. 

Many critical issues have been solved since 2018 and you may very well be experiencing those therein.

Please upgrade and for reference check the following (check compatibility section for supported Qlikview versions in the links below):

Planning your deployment

Also check:

You should follow the Above system requirements accurately. (just one example below. check all requirements).

• 2 or more CPU's required for NP server/engine.

I suspect you may not have met full requirements in addition to having a very old unsupported version.

You cannot make a car work if you put diesel fuel into it when it requires gasoline 🙂

Probably not a great metaphor but you get the idea and hope the above information helps you.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

we cannot roll back time - I wish we could:P

That being said you are now using newer browser on your PC, there were patches and other changes done to OS and all other software. Using Qlik is no different - The reason could as well sit behind a web browser changes.

My point is that there is no way you can troubleshoot issue properly if you are running unsupported configuration!

Regarding setup and configuration - this needs to be done step by step and all requirements MUST be met. There is no way you can get away if one or some of the requirements are not fully met. So keep that in mind, go through list and links Frank has provided and make sure everything is done and met. 

Then once you do all this , try to open developers tool in web browser and see at which point website gets stuck - that will indicate a problem you have. 

Lastly - do you have your NPrinting accounts properly created? Do all Users in NPrinting (who alos use QlikView) have Domain Account properly configured in their User record in NPrinting?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

That version is no longer supported. First thing to do is to be on supported version-sorry

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rmahfoudhi
Author

yes, but i need to make it work on this version , there is no way to solve the issue ?

Frank_S
Support
Support

You will need to upgrade to a supported version of QlikView and NPrinting before a thorough resolution can take place. 

Many critical issues have been solved since 2018 and you may very well be experiencing those therein.

Please upgrade and for reference check the following (check compatibility section for supported Qlikview versions in the links below):

Planning your deployment

Also check:

You should follow the Above system requirements accurately. (just one example below. check all requirements).

• 2 or more CPU's required for NP server/engine.

I suspect you may not have met full requirements in addition to having a very old unsupported version.

You cannot make a car work if you put diesel fuel into it when it requires gasoline 🙂

Probably not a great metaphor but you get the idea and hope the above information helps you.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

we cannot roll back time - I wish we could:P

That being said you are now using newer browser on your PC, there were patches and other changes done to OS and all other software. Using Qlik is no different - The reason could as well sit behind a web browser changes.

My point is that there is no way you can troubleshoot issue properly if you are running unsupported configuration!

Regarding setup and configuration - this needs to be done step by step and all requirements MUST be met. There is no way you can get away if one or some of the requirements are not fully met. So keep that in mind, go through list and links Frank has provided and make sure everything is done and met. 

Then once you do all this , try to open developers tool in web browser and see at which point website gets stuck - that will indicate a problem you have. 

Lastly - do you have your NPrinting accounts properly created? Do all Users in NPrinting (who alos use QlikView) have Domain Account properly configured in their User record in NPrinting?

regards

Lech

rmahfoudhi
Author

Thank you for your reply