cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview apps in Qlik Sense Hub - using On Demand

Our QLIKVIEW publisher is one server, let's call it prodqlik01, and it publishes to an outside url that serves as our QLIKVIEW Access Point server, let's call it prodqlik02.  We want to stop supporting our prodqlik02  server and leverage the Qlik Sense Hub, so we now will publish our QLIKVIEW apps to prodqlik01 (the publishing server).  I am able to get QLIKVIEW apps to deploy to the Qlik Sense Hub and have no issue getting my scheduled NPrinting report jobs to execute against those deployed QLIKVIEW apps, however, I am not successful getting On Demand to work from within those QLIKVIEW apps.  There is hardly any documentation specifically for QLIKVIEW apps in QS Hub, so with that said, are we to assume that the same set of requirements and steps is needed to get On Demand to work with our QLIKVIEW apps that now sit on prodqlik01?  Looking for some confirmation, clarification and even best practices or tips to accomplish our current QLIKVIEW world within QS Hub.  Thanks.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I agree. There is little documentation on this. 

However, I have posted the link to your question over to R&D. 

Let's see what they comeback with.

cc @Ruggero_Piccoli

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting On-Demand for QlikView and for Qlik Sense are two completely different software that work in different ways. If you want to use Qlik NPrinting On-Demand on Qlik Sense you must follow related documented instructions. 

The general rule in the help site is that only the features that are documented are supported, if a feature is not documented it means that it is not supported or not possible to use it. The fact that using On-Demand for QlikView in Qlik Sense is not documented in the help site means that it is not possible/not supported. It is not a lack of documentation because we rarely write "You cannot do this" or "You cannot do that" because there is the risk to fill the documentation with long lists of things that cannot be done that will made only confusion and longer reading time.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Big bummer.  We have several QV apps that we may or may not convert to QS, and if we didn't want to convert to a QS app we like that we could deploy the QV apps to the QS Hub and get rid of a few servers that support our secure log in portal that then routes to our server serving up Access Point.  I'll have to experiment with deploying my QV apps right on my server that handles the QV publishing, install On Demand there and see what other settings need to be in place for On Demand to work to get past the issue I'm getting of "No connection with NPrinting server. Please check your network settings or contact the administrator.".  I'll submit a support case too to see if it goes anywhere.  I'd like to think that by Qlik offering the functionality of QlikView apps in Qlik Sense Hub that it would not (and should not) limit the usage of those QlikView apps in terms of any features, including On Demand.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I suggest you to open a support case with, at least, one QV document as example and all the information to let us to reproduce your scenario so we can investigate it in detail. 

I think this is a kind of new feature request more than an issue because the mentioned scenario was never documented in the past.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.