cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan205
Contributor III
Contributor III

Report Template Editor Doesn't Open

When I click the Edit Template button for Excel reports I've created in NPrinting, the cursor changes to a red circle with a line through it and nothing happens for a few seconds. The pointer and button are then re-enabled but the template editor never opens.

I've tried setting scaling to 100% on my laptop, and setting Excel's UI option to Optimize for Compatibility, but that doesn't help.

I connect to NPrinting directly via my browser (Edge, with extensions disabled); it's hosted on Azure, not installed on my laptop as NPrinting Designer. It is Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR4, Version: 21.14.8.0. I also have Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2202 Build 16.0.14931.20764) 64-bit.

Can anyone help? 

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi,

Clarify couple of things

• Where is your NPrinting server installed?
  • Where is your NPrinting Designer installed
    • it MUST be installed on machine from which you click [Edit Template] button
    • On the same machine you must have Office installed
    • The same machine needs to meet all other requirements (zoom level on ALL screens connected) 
  • Do you have all required ports open? check https://help.qlik.com for details
  • Does your browser allow for pop-ups and execution of external programs?

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

@dan205  I would recommend trying the other solutions proposed in this KB article: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-NPrinting-Designer-cannot-find-a-suppor...

Have you tried doing an un-install/re-install of Nprinting designer? Also, have you tried doing an 'Online Repair' on your MS Office 365 installation locally on your laptop?

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Lech_Miszkiewicz

Hi,

Clarify couple of things

• Where is your NPrinting server installed?
  • Where is your NPrinting Designer installed
    • it MUST be installed on machine from which you click [Edit Template] button
    • On the same machine you must have Office installed
    • The same machine needs to meet all other requirements (zoom level on ALL screens connected) 
  • Do you have all required ports open? check https://help.qlik.com for details
  • Does your browser allow for pop-ups and execution of external programs?

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
dan205
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lucas_Gatling , @Lech_Miszkiewicz  - many thanks for your help. I suspect it is not working because NPrinting is hosted on Azure and I access it from my laptop. In that case, I'll mark Lech's reply as the solution for this post, and I will get my IT service desk to install NPrinting Designer on my laptop. I did check through the article you linked to, Lucas, although I wasn't getting an error message at all. I checked that my Windows and Office setup meet the requirements.

Thanks again.
Dan