Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II

Row number or column number cannot be zero

Hi.

I have created an HTML Report with nested levels and a table in the bottom level. The report is sent by email to our sales managers with a user filter for each one of them. Some of the managers get an Email with an error message. For those mangers, the task log shows the following message: "Row number or column number cannot be zero".

What does it mean?

Thx.

PS - We are running NPrinting May 2021 With QlikSense May 2022

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check for object filters that you may have inserted in the NP report designer.

Object filters (and other filters such as task, report filters) may conflict with user filters when the same dimension is used as a filter.

If you don't need the object filter (ie if you have a user filter using the same dimension), then the table or image object filter should be removed.

Further, keep in mind that May 2021 NP is not certified as compatible with May 2022 Qlik Sense.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

See NP Qlik Sense compatibility table in the link above.

Qlik NPrinting should generally be equal to or greater than Qlik Sense.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The filter applied to the user returns an empty dataset. You can check this by applying the same filter in the source Qlik Sense app.

I suggest you evaluate adding a condition associated with the report in the task that checks if the table in the deeper level has data. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm

Please also note that each distinct combination of upper levels is a filter that could cause an empty table on the deeper level. Check your data in particular for users with the error.

Another suggestion could be to replace the nested levels with a pivot table in the source Qlik Sense app. This will speed up the report generation because each value of the nested level is a filter that needs to be applied and wait for the export of the table. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Check for object filters that you may have inserted in the NP report designer.

Object filters (and other filters such as task, report filters) may conflict with user filters when the same dimension is used as a filter.

If you don't need the object filter (ie if you have a user filter using the same dimension), then the table or image object filter should be removed.

Further, keep in mind that May 2021 NP is not certified as compatible with May 2022 Qlik Sense.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

See NP Qlik Sense compatibility table in the link above.

Qlik NPrinting should generally be equal to or greater than Qlik Sense.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The filter applied to the user returns an empty dataset. You can check this by applying the same filter in the source Qlik Sense app.

I suggest you evaluate adding a condition associated with the report in the task that checks if the table in the deeper level has data. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm

Please also note that each distinct combination of upper levels is a filter that could cause an empty table on the deeper level. Check your data in particular for users with the error.

Another suggestion could be to replace the nested levels with a pivot table in the source Qlik Sense app. This will speed up the report generation because each value of the nested level is a filter that needs to be applied and wait for the export of the table. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi.

Thank you both for your replies.

I should add more details:

I tried to reproduce the problem for those sales managers, and I got the expected result without any problem.

There is no object filter, only task filter (Date) and user filter (sales manager).

The report is being sent to me also and I got the same error from the task - I am and administrator without user filters.

There is the compatibility issue, I will check it. 

I will look for any conjunctions between the filters.

Replacing the nested levels with pivot is less desirable. I barely managed to produce pivot with html (with your help Ruggero) .

Are the more things I should check?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Remember that you are not in a supported state so that could be the issue.

However, if you wish, you can share a sample QVF and NP report here and we can try to reproduce the issue.

We will also need to know exactly how you constructed your publish task including conditions used (condition definitions if any, etc) so we can attempt to reproduce.

Kind regards...

sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi.

After further investigation I found that indeed those errors occur when there is a value in the lower level, but the corresponding table is empty.

But now I'm facing a new problem: I built two small "Filter" tables, one for each level but after reloading the metadata again, when I'm trying to add them to the levels, I can see only one of them (I can both of them if I'm trying to add them to the tables)
🤔

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

After reloading the metadata remember to close and re-open the Qlik NPrinting Designer because it reads the metadata only on opening. 

When you do a right-click over the Levels node, you will see the list of only the objects that are of supported types. If you do not see a table check it in the source app and be sure it is a straight table and of the same type of the table, you can see. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I guess the reason you dont see it in Levels is that you have probably used calculated dimensions which will not work. This is documented on https://help.qlik.com

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sogloqlik
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thx for the answers.

The Tables are the same, the dimensions are not calculated, both show unique values, and it goes without saying that the designer should be closed after refreshing🙂
The only difference between the two tables is that the visible one contains values from a Dim table in the Qlik model (Where every value is itself is unique) while in the second table the dim values are from the fact table (not unique).

Could that be the problem?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no - that shouldnt be a problem.

Are you using native Qlik Sense straight table? or maybe pivot table or some sort of extension? Are there any unsupported objects with things like: "show column if"?

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.