Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section access in Nprinting

Hi Guys,

Do we need any qlik sense token to work with section access in nprinting. I have a qs dashboard with section access for 50 users. Now I want to add 20 more users to the dashboard with the same section access and distribute Nprinting reports to those 20 users based on the filters defined in the section access without giving them access to actual qs dashboard. Do I still need to allocate qs tokens to this 20 users to achieve this?

I didn't find much documentation on this, Can someone tell me how to work with section access in Nprinting??

Thanks,

Anil

14 Replies
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Frank_S,

User 1 being used in the Identity section. It was working through user filter but in real time scenario we gonna have 200 or more users we can not create that many user filters to match section access. It gonna be lot of manual work.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Anilb1603 

• I've put a question out to our R&D team about all this.
  • I'll post response hear when I hear from them. In the meantime, try assigning a sense token to user 3.
  • If that works, then we may have to have our documentation updated to make this process clearer.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Anilb1603 

Please contact the Qlik Support desk or your Qlik Support partner and submit your findings so that this may be investigated further. 

In the meantime, please use the previous suggestions regarding either the use of filters (which is faster than use of section access in terms of report generation performance) or assign the token to the section access NP report recipients.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Frank_S ,

It worked without qlik token but the thing is the user should have some kind of security role or access to the stream or app even though token was not allocated.

For user3 in my above case,  was presented in qlik sense but he doesn't have any role assigned and we included him in the section access. In this case it didn't worked. user3 didn't get any NP report.

Now we just added that user a security role giving him access to one of streams we are working on with nprinting but we didn't assign any token. It worked in this case. User3 gets the NP report as in section access.

But this is not how we wanted. If user is there in qlik sense with some kind of security role which means we assume he need a token and I think in this case the token will be allocated automatically when he tries to login to the hub.

Frank_S
Support
Support

I checked with my colleagues and the suggested that to accomplish this requirement, you need to set up a login access rule. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/login-acce...

imgpsh_mobile_save.jpg

For contextual information on setting up rules you can also visit the following youtube below...but the image above is the correct method according to my colleagues.

If you need more assistance with QS rules or have additional qlik sense requirements/questions, I would suggest starting a post here.  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense/ct-p/qlik-sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0UVPW2ql24