Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polyakov
Partner - Contributor III

Sizing NPrinting

Hi!

Are there materials and information available on how to calculate the sizing for a client? What resources do you need and how many engines to buy?

For Qlik Sense, there is at least an approximate calculator - I have not seen it for NPrinting.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
polyakov
Author

Maybe i will do not seen. When i select maximum config - calculator say me what need 3 Engines. On this i make conclusion what first 2 configs small and medium assume the one engines.

Thanks for help.

sizing_max.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The only official guide we have is https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Performance.htm. There is not a calculator like for Qlik Sense, sorry.

Qlik NPrinting performances depends also on the structure of the templates (many levels mean, for example, longer generation time). Sometimes the bottleneck could be the connected Qlik Sense server that is not able to manage all the requests from Qlik NPrinting. So sizing is quite complex. You can start from that page and in case increase the hardware on a second time. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
polyakov
Author

On site https://one.qlik.com/sizing/ we have tools for sizing NPrinting. But NPrinting has another performance option - NPrinting Engine. In this example, how many engines are you supposed to have?

sizing.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can start with a single Engine installed in the same computer as the Server. The Engine is multi-threaded and able to scale up using all assigned cores with Qlik Sense connections. In case you need you can increase the hardware resources. 

You can add more Engines to increase the availability, In case one stopped the Scheduler can send the tasks only the second one or more. 

The bottleneck sometimes is on the Qlik Sense or QlikView server side, so monitor also their workload.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@polyakov Qlik's Consulting Services can help properly size your NP environment.  With NP Engines you can always start with one and increased as needed.

polyakov
Author

Maybe i will do not seen. When i select maximum config - calculator say me what need 3 Engines. On this i make conclusion what first 2 configs small and medium assume the one engines.

Thanks for help.

sizing_max.png