Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefanrater
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Sorting levels in NPrinting

Hi everybody,

I have a Year - Level in NPrinting and die levels are sorted ascending. But I want to sort them descending (current year on top, last year above etc.) . Is that possible. If yes, how?

Best regards,

Stefan

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

To sort levels descending

• open the QVW
  • create a table box (Year) in the source QVW or QVF
  • Add the new list box to the template editor
  • Wrap the new list box 'open' and 'closing' tags around your chart tags.
  • Click on the year column to sort the new Table box object by descending order (2016, 2015, 2014 where 2016 is the most recent year of data in this example)
  • Save the QVW and save and close the NP template editor if open
  • Reload the NPrinting connection to respect the new table object (or the new sort order if using an existing table box). Wait until connection generation completes.
  • Open the NP report>edit>preview report

sort listbox.PNG

That should do it. 

if you want a copy of the QVW and report I can provide it here. Just let me know.

ps: in this case for demo purposes, I added a three product report filter to better show the descending order.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please remember to specify the type of template you are developing. If you are working on a PixelPerfect you can check https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Custom-sorting-in-PixelPerfect-tables/ta-p/14....

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
stefanrater
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention that I am using an excel template. Using the html idea did not work unfortunately....

Frank_S
Support
Support

It is the same steps for excel and word. Just ignore the html code and embed the levels in the same manner. 

The key is the table box sort order.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!