Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martin_cevela
Contributor III
Contributor III

Table in excel contains rows without values

Hi there,

The table generated by NP contains rows without values. This is not present at the QS source application. Can you help me to understand what causes the generation of such rows pls ? Thnx!

excel.pngNP.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @martin_cevela 

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, but from your template screenshot it looks like you are mixing NPrinting tag objects hence some rows come from other tables - just look at the sample one I have highlighted. 

Put correct tags in correct places and it will be ok. Also make sure you review all tags and make sure you dont mix them up between tables.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1662683031881.png

thats it - let us know how you go

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@martin_cevela would it be possible to provide a screenshot from the QS App and the output from NPrinting for us to compare? From your first screenshot, it appears to show that all those rows have at least 'purchase type' and 'channel'

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @martin_cevela 

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, but from your template screenshot it looks like you are mixing NPrinting tag objects hence some rows come from other tables - just look at the sample one I have highlighted. 

Put correct tags in correct places and it will be ok. Also make sure you review all tags and make sure you dont mix them up between tables.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1662683031881.png

thats it - let us know how you go

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

By the way - the one you highlighted is not even created by tags you have highlighted so proper review needs to be done.

martin_cevela
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Thanks for spotting this and pointing it out.

The cause for this is that I have exported/imported the template and continued to work on it (instead of xlsx I needed xlsm). The tables in excel were already there (with their previous tags) and I have just re-added (add objects) the tables from the source app once again while expecting that NP will match the re-added objects with the tables already in there. I didn't realize that the object ID from QS is not usable for NP to match them back to the concrete tables.