Skip to main content

Qlik NPrinting

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbloiss
Contributor III
Contributor III

Test If Item is new in Table

I have a table that gets updated daily of Dead Items.  I want to create a field that tests this table and any new item in the table it will give a true value.

This is the test I am trying:

DeadInventory:

Load *,

if(Min([Dead Inventory Date Num]) = Num(Date(Today() - 1)), 'True', 'False') as [New Dead Item]

Resident TempDeadInventory

group by [Item_number];

I keep getting invalid expression.  what is wrong with this syntax?  or is there a better method?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz

well

you are loading *

and grouping by [item_number] only - this is the mistake. You need to "group by" all fields you are loading in this table therefore instead of using * i would list all of them!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz

well

you are loading *

and grouping by [item_number] only - this is the mistake. You need to "group by" all fields you are loading in this table therefore instead of using * i would list all of them!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.