Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amit_B
Creator
Creator

Text by filter in a PowerPoint report

Hi,

I created a PowerPoint report with about 50 slides. All the slides show data on a specific supplier that is defined in a filter that is updated manually according to the supplier that is required.

The only thing I can't do is to create a kind of textbox with the supplier's name.
I tried with a table but I can't delete the header, using a page doesn't work for me either because the name is not dragged to the slide.
Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks!
Amit.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

It appears Supplier Name is unique for a slide, so if you create and drag a new formula with Supplier Name field at the top of a slide should work or you can create a new text box at the top of the slide and write <Supplier Name field> inside the angle bracket.

Amit_B
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the response.

I will try to create a formula, maybe with GetSelectedValue.

We tried to create a PowerPoint text box with the field as you mentioned but it just shows it as text and not as a formula.

Digvijay_Singh

I meant like this - 

Digvijay_Singh_1-1706885671591.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Amit_B 

1. Are all 50 slides for 1 suppliers defined in filter?
  2. Why Page does not work? Why you dont drag supplier name to the slides? Either you dont explain your scenario right or you doing something wrong. Providing us with some screenshots of how you designed your template and some high level description of your model would help understanding issue.
  3. Using Page would be the easiest obviously but other alternative would be to create a variable vNP_Supplier_Name and you could use that variable on each slide and if all 50 slides are for the same suplier then you could just just set it also in your NPrinting filter where you could put whatever name you like for that variable and it would just display it. 

Other required information:

• Problem here is that we dont know how you build it and why the very simple solution does not work for you.
  • We also dont know if you apply filter on individual objects or on whole report or task?
    • Applying your filter on whole report would allow you to use variable or formula like:
      • Concat(Distinct [Supplier Name])
      • or Only([Supplier Name])
    • note that if it was variable it would have to have "=" sign like : "=Concat(Distinct [Supplier Name])" or "=Only([Supplier Name])" as variables will not expand as documented on https://help.qlik.com .

Bottom line: I am sure there is a super easy solution - it is just not clear what you do and how you do it because information we have is too vague.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.