Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pstiglich
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to access community or user sheet objects

Hello,  

I'm trying to create an Excel report and reference a named table or chart in a user sheet.  When I search for this name in Template Editor / Add Objects - NPrinting doesn't find these. 

Thanks,

Pete

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First of all this is not a good practice as such sheet can be moved or removed and your report will star breaking. I would never base my reporting on sheets which are not "base sheets"

The second thing is to refresh connection metadata to allow for all new objects to be available in. So refresh metadata and try again.

thanks

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

BTW - make sure that you are actually connecting to the application which has community sheets as often the common practice is to have separate app to support NPrinting due to use of Alwyas one selected value, triggers, extensions or alternate states.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
pstiglich
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Lech - refreshing solved the issue!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

great, please mark which answer solved your problem for the benefit of other community members.

thanks