Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Unable to import a report

Hello
we are working on NPRINTING version 21.0.0.0 (Feb 2021)
we have to environments (test and prod)
we modify reports on test then we export that report and import it to prod, however we are not able to import the modified report to PROD when that report has filters defined on it (knowing that the filter is defined in both test and prod 
kindly advise because currently we are repeating the work in both environments

I can walk on water when it freezes
Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I can only assume following issues:

• different version of nprinting between DEV & PROD
  • different source apps (Qlik Sense Apps)
    • source apps for migrated report needs to be the same (If you have different Qlik Sense environment you must first migrate Qlik Sense app to PROD as well)
    • connection metadata of that new source app needs to be regenerated in PROD prior Import

I am not there to see what you are doing wrong, so it is hard to say from description provided what is really not working. Maybe sharing steps and screenshots to replicate the issue would help us understand it better?

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Lech_Miszkiewicz suggestions.

Writing a message so fast that punctuation is skipped makes it useless because we are not there and do not understand the details of the problem so we cannot provide a solution right away. It forces us to spend the first few posts asking for details that would be better placed directly in the first post.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@ali_hijazi Its the Stig!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hahah @David_Friend  - some say...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.